12bet1 net
May Discobs 2024

George BM

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

I’d prefer if our days with average highs of 70-72 meant more days of 70-72 and less 90-92 and 50-52

That's one of the things I hate most about this area.  May looks great on paper but half the time it sux

A while ago I was driving around west of Rockville during a heavy downpour at 51 degrees and saw a guy jogging with shorts and no shirt.  Whatever works :lol: 

After a brief heavy downpour this morning, been getting on and off mostly light rain. All adds up to 0.34". More than I expected over here based on the 12z and 18z runs yesterday. Looks like its moving out for now. Maybe I can get a little outside work done later this afternoon.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Classic dreary day. I'm planning on rolling a couple joints and taking a 7 mile hike. I'm going to take pictures of moss. Yes.. I'm going to smoke pot in the woods and take pictures of trees and moss. Today's weather is perfect for it. Looks like another round of steady light rain developing in VA. 

Don't forget the mushrooms. For pictures I mean. B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A few light sprinkles this morning. Mostly an annoyance and doing nothing for the dry conditions.

0.44" for the 'event' so far. Just enough to dampen the top eighth inch of soil. Powdery dry under that.

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

A few light sprinkles this morning. Mostly an annoyance and doing nothing for the dry conditions.

0.44" for the 'event' so far. Just enough to dampen the top eighth inch of soil. Powdery dry under that.

Definitely mushrooms! But I'm thinking it hasn't been wet long enough to find any. Well see. I lucked out here. The thunderstorm I got early Saturday morning really soaked the ground. I'm back to my normal swampy conditions. Other then that thunderstorm it's been sprinkles and drizzle and I'd be watering. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Definitely mushrooms! But I'm thinking it hasn't been wet long enough to find any. Well see. I lucked out here. The thunderstorm I got early Saturday morning really soaked the ground. I'm back to my normal swampy conditions. Other then that thunderstorm it's been sprinkles and drizzle and I'd be watering. 

The rain here has helped the areas I had already been watering, but outside of that a good soaking rain is needed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

This weather sucks ass

Dw, we go from 50s and damp right back to 80s and humid in a blink. Seems impossible to get a few sunny days in the low 70s with a nice breeze and low dews.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Dw, we go from 50s and damp right back to 80s and humid in a blink. Seems impossible to get a few sunny days in the low 70s with a nice breeze and low dews.

Looks like week after next may feature some of those days. Fingers crossed.

• Like 3