Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    19,038
    Total Members
    49,013
    Most Online
    loganboehmewx
    Newest Member
    loganboehmewx
    Joined

April 2024


bluewave
 Share

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

I'm surprised you don't remember August 2011.  I enjoyed that one, this one felt  a lot stronger.

Can we find a connection between these and heavy rainfalls that happened just prior?  August 2011 was a very rainy month.  We've been in a very rainy pattern now too.

I remember reading scientific papers linking heavy rainfalls and earthquakes-- is it a possibility?

 

I didn’t feel that one back in Long Beach. This is the best video clip that I have seen so far from Bridgewater, NJ. It felt more like some kind of impact here near HVN like in the video. Very hard jolt from side to side and was over in a few seconds. This is more than enough for me and can’t even imagine what a magnitude 9 would feel like they had in Japan a while back. 
 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

I remember reading this happens around fracking sites because of wastewater injection =\

One of the many reasons fracking was banned in our state.

Looking on USGS, there was a 2.2M earthquake less than a mile from today's earthquake back on March 14th, so there might be some aftershocks over the coming days as the area is still active. There happens to be a quarry right where the epicenter of those 2 quakes are  although a quarry can't cause that large of a quake lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bluewave said:

I didn’t feel that one back in Long Beach. This is the best video clip that I have seen so far from Bridgewater, NJ. It felt more like some kind of impact here near HVN like in the video. Very hard jolt from side to side and was over in a few seconds. This is more than enough for me and can’t even imagine what a magnitude 9 would feel like they had in Japan a while back. 
 

 

Yes!  I found this video earlier and there was another one I saw from Long Island from Merrick from Nassau County like this.

The fracking quakes in Oklahoma were mag 5.6, 5.6 and 5.8 and caused property damage and quake insurance is through the roof there now. I would never want to experience a 6.0 or higher, it would probably cause a ton of property damage around here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

could all the rain have affected the fault

that could have happened in August 2011 too.

and we know wastewater injection in areas where fracking happens have resulted in quakes up to 5.8

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

My cousin lives right next to where it happened in NJ and he said that his house was shaking along with stuff coming off his shelves and walls.

I had books come off my shelves here too

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...