Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,540
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
    Joined

New England Met Spring 2024 Banter


HoarfrostHubb
 Share

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Less relevant than the above but has anyone else had issues trying to navigate the NWS Boston site the past few days?

Not BX, but the GYX site has lost (temporarily, one hopes) the drop-down menus for observations/radar, etc., over the past two days.  They worked for a few hours yesterday but are unavailable so far today.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, tamarack said:

Not BX, but the GYX site has lost (temporarily, one hopes) the drop-down menus for observations/radar, etc., over the past two days.  They worked for a few hours yesterday but are unavailable so far today.

Same for a lot of other sites. Happened a few days ago as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Duluth, Minnesota is basically Portland, ME circa 2013 but add two ski hills and a ton of mountain biking in city limits. Old industrial city on a big a** waterbody slowly gentrifying. Time to buy real estate here is now imo.

Yesterday’s 40 degrees turned into a breezy 70 degrees and sunny.

e29f73b4a1d9340f6f7b6d1e2223a539.jpg


.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, NW_of_GYX said:

Duluth, Minnesota is basically Portland, ME circa 2013 but add two ski hills and a ton of mountain biking in city limits. Old industrial city on a big a** waterbody slowly gentrifying. Time to buy real estate here is now imo.

Yesterday’s 40 degrees turned into a breezy 70 degrees and sunny.

e29f73b4a1d9340f6f7b6d1e2223a539.jpg


.

Love the great lakes, wished I lived near one, especially lee side that gets lake effect, but fishing is good too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve only seen Lake Ontario near Toronto, Lake Erie near Cleveland and Lake Michigan near Chicago. However, the second week of June we are driving out to Green Bay through Ontario and the U.P. so we will be doing some sightseeing around Huron, Superior and Michigan. I’d love to go to Duluth and even Thunder Bay but it won’t be this trip. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So a baby chipmunk gets into our house the other day, cat probably played with it and got bored and it ran under the fridge. My wife kept the cat in a room and made a path for the chipmunk to go out the door but its panics when she opens the door and runs into a bedroom. For two days she keeps the bedroom door closed to keep the cat away and periodically tries to catch it to put it outside, no luck. Yesterday morning it's by the door looking weak, she puts it outside with some food, 10 minutes later, it's gone, she thinks she saved the poor little chipmunk. Two hours later the cat brings the chipmunk onto the porch, dead. So we had a chipmunk living in our house for two days and ended up on our porch, dead anyway.

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/24/2024 at 7:47 PM, WxWatcher007 said:

Same for a lot of other sites. Happened a few days ago as well. 

The GYX site offered a work-around.  I looked it up, but it involved going on the browser's "settings", typing "cache" in the search line, then emptying everything in my cache.  Since that would smoke all of my passwords, among other things, I didn't care to comply.  I'm probably missing something there.  :unsure:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My project is done. Stripped off the 40 year old siding, put on insulated house wrap, taping the seems, installed new siding, a new picture window and 3 new basement windows. The final bill will come in a little over $18K. 

IMG_4281.jpeg

IMG_4278.jpeg

IMG_4262.jpeg

IMG_4261.jpeg

IMG_4259.jpeg

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, mreaves said:

My project is done. Stripped off the 40 year old siding, put on insulated house wrap, taping the seems, installed new siding, a new picture window and 3 new basement windows. The final bill will come in a little over $18K. 

IMG_4281.jpeg

IMG_4278.jpeg

IMG_4262.jpeg

IMG_4261.jpeg

IMG_4259.jpeg

you might want to have them finish that strip above the front door :drunk:

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SJonesWX said:

you might want to have them finish that strip above the front door :drunk:

Lol.  That was finished shortly after I took the picture.  As for the strip over the sliding door in back, they are still waiting for the last box of vinyl from the distributor.  An entire box for one long piece and it was supposed to be on the last three delivery trucks.  They'll come back to install that when it comes in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Lol.  That was finished shortly after I took the picture.  As for the strip over the sliding door in back, they are still waiting for the last box of vinyl from the distributor.  An entire box for one long piece and it was supposed to be on the last three delivery trucks.  They'll come back to install that when it comes in.

you got off cheap with $18k. I recently got 3 quotes just for siding and gutters, all came in at $35k+, and I don't have a very big house.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SJonesWX said:

you got off cheap with $18k. I recently got 3 quotes just for siding and gutters, all came in at $35k+, and I don't have a very big house.

I interpreted that to mean that @mreaves supplied the labor, and the materials were 18K

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just got home from Florida and my house is covered in pollen. I always thought pine pollen was late June.  What is the pollen we're seeing now? Don't want to powerwash the deck until its all gone. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, amarshall said:

Just got home from Florida and my house is covered in pollen. I always thought pine pollen was late June.  What is the pollen we're seeing now? Don't want to powerwash the deck until its all gone. 

Pine just loads of it rolling with each gust of wind.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, amarshall said:

Just got home from Florida and my house is covered in pollen. I always thought pine pollen was late June.  What is the pollen we're seeing now? Don't want to powerwash the deck until its all gone. 

It must be a disaster in Duxbury with all the pines. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

SSTs already in the low 60s at Good Harbor Beach. Normal is mid 50s for this date. Things are changing quickly. 

Ha, I was just looking at SSTs/OHC for the Gulf potential and noticed our region.

It’s crazy. Even for our relatively cold neck of the woods it’s a blowtorch. All in about a month too…
 

aTHZTsF.jpeg
 

DL5QKMT.png
 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All the local news outlets are covering it.  All the daytime court-tv shows are covering it.  Isn't the FBI involved, too?  What else are you expecting?

  

8 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:


Wow, I’ve never even heard of that park. 

The size of the lakes is mind blowing. So much of the UP is national forest or park or lakeshore or state land. The size and distances of the states outside of New England are mind bending. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...