Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Weekend Rule? Saturday 2/17 - The Icon Storm

DDweatherman

18 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Same. I got good snow for about 45 minutes to an hour, and then another 30-45 of steady snow. If I hadn’t, it would have been a dusting on the grass. Instead, I ended up around 3 inches and all surfaces covered, at least for a time, before the pavement melt began.

It's really amazing how there's not been 1 big gulf snow storm this year. Failed El Nino.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Random Chaos said:

If you’re not familiar with Maryland’s lidar map, it includes DC and is awesome: https://geodata.md.gov/topoviewer/

What's also cool is if you stand at where old Barney Circle was before crossing the Sousa bridge looking across the Anacostia river the entire horizon is elevation that goes up, from Deanwood NE down 295 South to the Naval Base! The whole area leading right into Maryland. Once called "far SE".

11 minutes ago, Ji said:

Models

I think more than just a few are awakening to and accepting of what I’ve been saying about models for 15 years and especially last 3-5 years.

For most though it’s still insert the floppy disk and look at 60 examples. 

Spent the day doing some housework for my ailing father in law in Herndon today. Left early this morning with just under 3 inches on the ground at home. Snow cover was nice all the way up to and over the Blue Ridge. It progressed down from there. Herndon had around an inch and half when I got there. And it was gone a couple of hours later. Still snow covered in the shade back out here NW of Winchester. Was a beautiful drive this morning though coming over the mountain. Trees were plastered from the bottom to the top.

• Like 3

Went for a breezy, chilly walk around Baker Park earlier. Felt very much like a prime winter day. A little snow around. It was pretty nice! I want to walk around Baker after a big storm at some point. Got to be an experience. 

I’ve had a couple strolls this winter through and around Baker. Good stuff. I’m craving a hike through Gambrill (did it post-storm in winter ‘22). The problem is I have no interest driving up Hamburg Rd when it’s slick out.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

I find it incredible that many places just a few miles from that band didn’t just get 4-5”, a lot of them got less than 2” while they were just miles away from 6-12”.

That has to be infuriating.

2 hours ago, Fozz said:

I find it incredible that many places just a few miles from that band didn’t just get 4-5”, a lot of them got less than 2” while they were just miles away from 6-12”.

Yeah I saw that… brutal. I feel better about my 1.5” today where I am, instead of being practically across the street from that band

2 hours ago, Fozz said:

23 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Yeah I saw that… brutal. I feel better about my 1.5” today where I am, instead of being practically across the street from that band

Saw a post on Twitter of some town in either PA or NJ. North side of town spotter had 4.5”. South side spotter (which was probably walking distance away) had 12.1”.