Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Weekend Rule? Saturday 2/17 - The Icon Storm

DDweatherman

4 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

I would’ve went to bed ages ago in DC for snow purposes. Storm quickly went backwards for the district after the 12z hi-res 

Even here I’m starting to have some doubts. The last hour was pretty cool with some heavy snow and ratios are definitely good. But it’s back to light snow now and that back edge is racing towards us. Was hopeful the slightly early onset would mean longer duration but alas looks like the end is coming faster also. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Back to light snow. Down to 34. I can’t believe I can’t get colder than that. So frustrating but this winter seems to be confirming things, sadly.

Where is the thunder snow and heavy rates? This seems like it is almost over before it even started. Back edge is already on the doorstep. Guessing I’ll get two inches on the grass lol.

Man good thing I didn’t break out the special beers. Was hoping for an all nighter, but uhhhhh yeah. Think I’m outtie shortly if I don’t see some yellows heading my direction soon. Whatever. As JI said—stupid hobby, but damn it I’ll be here over and over and over again. Next Friday we try again??

ETA—At least I’m on the board…

IMG_9530.jpeg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Man good thing I didn’t break out the special beers. Was hoping for an all nighter, but uhhhhh yeah. Think I’m outtie shortly if I don’t see some yellows heading my direction soon. Whatever. As JI said—stupid hobby, but damn it I’ll be here over and over and over again. Next Friday we try again??

Yeah I was planning staying up really late and taking a nice walk when it started to dump but debating calling it a night.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KAOS said:

Somehow this reminds me of the claw storm....

image.png.b35323ac56c4d445e06dd80806f53fce.png

Kinda, sorta, maybe not? I just wanted to post a claw. I apologize in advance.

It’s 1:14am and you’re with a bunch of weather weenies trying to find white gold for just a few minutes in life. Never apologize for the claw. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Even that great band up by Harrisburg has dissipated and it looks like they are basically done. 

I think I’m out in the future on these real short duration events. Just expect a couple inches and be surprised if you get more. Just too dependent on really heavy rates to do any better.