• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

9 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

This storm deserves one helluva case study. Ultimately though, this storm is a prime clear-cut example of why snow maps are garbage but why analyzing "trends" in the snow maps is pure garbage. When it comes to modeled QPF, I feel like models have improved on this significantly over the past 10-15 years but this was probably a case too where analyzing QPF trends was probably not a great idea. 

Despite what the Euro was doing, the mid-level presentation argued for a crushing along and south/east of I84. I think dendrite mentioned it earlier, but models can often struggle with QPF under the banding signal. I honestly think all the clues were still there for a crushing. Even with the lower QPF, forecast soundings were still showing great lift into the DGZ. Saturation was not an issue so naturally lift into the DGZ was going to produce snow. 

I believe we are also in the entrance region of the ULJ. 

Why I didn't waver. Have to open the hood the check the engine and all signs were positive here.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

32/31, S .. Lets see if we can rip some 1"/hr + rates next hour or two 

I think it's now or never for your area over to the 495 belt E of you near me. Really picking up here again now and you can see all the echoes darkening....this is prob the final push of fronto....hopefully we can get a good 2-3 hours but we're trying to hold off that northwest edge trying to sick SE.

Feb13_1022amRadar.gif

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I think we “myself included” missed the fronto forcing aspect of this as it’s typically a NNE thing in coastals. Ryan, Scoots, Will mentioned it in various degrees but I think that is what most of us missed . Focused on the south shift and qpf cuts 

We're getting our 10-14 we spoke about two days ago.  

7 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

0.5” ON THE GROUND OUTSIDE OF GRASS OR PLASTIC!!  0.5”!?  And You people have 6”-10”??  

F*** THIS STORM!  In the past 9 days I’ve had to deal with the Chiefs Winning, Mahomes winning a Historic Game WITH an OT coup to boot, Narcissistic Swift & Asshat Kelce taking over the God Dang World seeing unprecedented records and power, my industry has gone So Woke at the Grammys you can’t recognize it, Brandon doesn’t know he’s flipping Alive as President, and now ANOTHER Failed storm like the last 7 “big ones” in a Row here the past 2 years??  

Losing touch with reality. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

For all the rejoicing from the clowns in CT about a positive bust. That's only happening in Hartford CT area out providence RI to  ( their back yard--shocker), so far. The rest are busting low or on par with last night's paltry guidance.

angry_mob_with_snow_shovels_and_snow_blowers_chasing_a_running_pope_benedict_adorned_in_robes_with_fearful_look_on_face..png

• Haha 16

25 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

0.5” ON THE GROUND OUTSIDE OF GRASS OR PLASTIC!!  0.5”!?  And You people have 6”-10”??  

F*** THIS STORM!  In the past 9 days I’ve had to deal with the Chiefs Winning, Mahomes winning a Historic Game WITH an OT coup to boot, Narcissistic Swift & Asshat Kelce taking over the God Dang World seeing unprecedented records and power, my industry has gone So Woke at the Grammys you can’t recognize it, Brandon doesn’t know he’s flipping Alive as President, and now ANOTHER Failed storm like the last 7 “big ones” in a Row here the past 2 years??  

Here you go man:

https://weedmaps.com/dispensaries/in/united-states/rhode-island/cumberland

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 10.31.10 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Why I didn't waver. Have to open the hood the check the engine and all signs were positive here.

Exactly. This is why I get so bent out of shape with the snow maps. They're just leading to lazy forecasting. Ultimately, forecasting is a science which requires a great deal of time and effort. Now, I get in today's day and age where everyone is so busy and has so many responsibilities that it's difficult to put that effort in, but we're only hurting ourselves that way. 

Fundamentals are important. Take sports for example, you can have the most talent team, best players, but if you can't execute the fundamentals, you aren't winning in the end. 

When forecasting, the fundamentals should be applied first and always. If one is going to look at snow maps or QPF and see there is a cut-down, the questions needs to be asked as to why that is and whether it makes sense. When looking back at how all guidance was handling the mid-levels, the evolution of the mid-levels, jet enhancement, the QPF cuts should not have made sense. 

I guess though hindsight is 20-20...its always easier said than done in the end, but you can't ignore the fundamentals and forget why fundamentals are important.