• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

There's some revisionist history going on.

The gfs like the euro had this storm wrong for days on end, over a hundred miles north of where it is now. I don't know why you would celebrate any model in this situation.

If it's just because you are giddy that it's snowing, then you do you.

• Like 1

Just now, MJO812 said:

Gfs was the first model to show this system really flat but then came north and then went back south . It did a good job.

There isn’t a single model that did a good job in this system. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, JC-CT said:

Why take any one particular model as "right"? Does its insistence on a grazing blow indicate a need to take down some of the higher totals, especially around the springfield/orh corridor? Maybe?

Blend is still the 1998 NYY

12 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

From radar, ,it looks like once that heavier band from Sharon, CT-the Hilltowns in western MA comes through, we'll be done here.

RAD_MOS_STATE_NY_L2NCR_ANI (1).gif

Actually, when you look at the radar, although the northern area is sliding east southeast, they're still precipitation pushing up from the south into this. So I don't think that the snow is going to shut off as quickly as you think in Sharon. Whatever happens, it's still better than we had thought when we went to bed last night

What's bugging me at the moment is I'm watching the news on NBC for Connecticut. I know they're doing the best they can, but the ladies keep saying that the southern half of state is getting the most snow right now. That's not the truth at all. We already picked up over 7 in now for this area. Plainville, Southington, West Hartford, and they've got about three or four inches down near the shore. So they're not getting more than we are at this point? But hopefully they'll catch up

Just now, Snowcrazed71 said:

What's bugging me at the moment is I'm watching the news on NBC for Connecticut. I know they're doing the best they can, but the ladies keep saying that the southern half of state is getting the most snow right now. That's not the truth at all. We already you're probably over 7 in now for this area. Plainville southington West Hartford, and they've got about three or four inches down near the shore. So they're not getting more than we are at this point? But hopefully they'll catch up

Those ladies are trying to steal your snow.

You need a snow ombudsman immediately!

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Euro came north

Terrible model

I'm not sure I agree there in general ... but if using this system? that would not be a very fair.  The model came perhaps too far S? - the essence of having to do so was very necessary because the storm is S of what the consensus portrayed at this time yesterday.

All the models are indictable on this

What we just saw in the run up to this is no model performing particularly well.  The N camp was wrong until very late in the game - which is disturbing by present day standards of the technology ..etc.  The S camp either was suppressed too much for days, or ... their late correction were too much - either way. 

Having said all that, even though storm influence-envelope appears to be verifying back ( maybe ) 1/3 or 1/2 the distance lost from that aggressive last minute correction S, yesterday ... the actual amount of snow may still be < 8" ?  Radar and speed of movement doesn't look anything like those haughty totals from before, anyway.  SO, there's some righteousness to that -

What took place in the forecast arena before the storm arena, machine to man and back, was not good compared to what is verifying. 

I told everyone first thing in the morning yesterday that we'd probably have to now-cast this event - well...  I think we all get credit for recognizing that there'd be something on the charts to monitor going back a long ways, but the details ?  ...heh, this was poor.