• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

Calm before the storm ... 

...sneaky nape gem of a day going on out there.  45 F is an apparent MOS buster under intensifying mid Feb sun angle and almost dead calm clear air - super adiabatic very thin layer of warmth is nice for a lunch stroll.

I didn't see this day being this way honesty and I tend to track these tedious nerd fest thermometer watch days at this time of year   ha..   I thought we'd bottom out lower last night, and than have a bit more thickness of cirrus arrival to help cap cold. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Hasn’t snowed much in 2 years and downing about no Jack zone . I think PVD has a high ceiling here 

8-12 is definitely nothing to sneeze at for sure. I bet that back in the 80s people would kill for a storm like that. Like I said in my earlier posts this was never supposed to be a high end event to begin with. I personally think that PVD will end up closer to 8" than 12" though. Kind of a moderate warning event but nothing major. Maybe I'm wrong. But I will enjoy it regardless of the outcome.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I still don't have a great feeling here. 

Temps or are you worried about the best stuff going south?

Seems like if you end up with an inch of QPF but 925mb is like -3C during the bulk of the good stuff, you'll pound paste.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Temps or are you worried about the best stuff going south?

Seems like if you end up with an inch of QPF but 925mb is like -3C during the bulk of the good stuff, you'll pound paste.

Temps. Yeah I think it will need to be consistent heavy echoes when it's like -2 to -3C at 925. At least we aren't fighting WAA and east winds. But with all that, many models are like 33-34 for a long time. Just has me spooked a bit. But we could drop to like 32.5 if it consistently pounds and it'll stack. 

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

That won't be happening.  Show me any current piece of guidance that shows double digits here

Both NAMs, ICON and HREF all give you double digits. GFS technically a little south, but you'd prob score 10"+ on that run too given the ML fronto look.

You may miss the goods if this ticks a little south, but there is guidance that hits you hard at 12z.

Final call. Shifted everything SEWD a bit and highlighted the areas of likely highest snowfall, inland and above 500FT in the new haven county/FF county/tolland/windham hills where 12+ lollis possible. 

Increased NYC/LI significantly but didn't feel comfortable going much higher than 3-6 for them given the very marginal BL

02_12.24_jdj_v3_ct_ma_ri_snowfall_forecast_band_update.thumb.jpg.761ed16dd0536824e2ef155c83f72449.jpg

02_12.24_v3_jdj_tri_state_snowfall_forecast_update.thumb.jpg.823002cb84f8c56b9d4e5b8dfb16eac0.jpg

02_12.24_jdj_v3_ct_snowfall_forecast_update_banding.thumb.jpg.e6ed3b103109488d50b672cb29558334.jpg

• Like 11