• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring the 29th/30th for significant impact coastal redevelopment - confidence only medium for now but is trending favorably.

Typhoon Tip

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Poland COOP is at 33.6”. Normal to date is 39.2”

So you’re not far off from normal.

We had a 15.6" in Jan, And a 12.2" in March last year,  The march one put us over, This year, 7.5" is the highest one day total and a few nickels and dimes.

Drove into Quincy and saw the fresh coating. The existing snowpack actually decreased quite a bit between my house and the east side of Sherborn near the Dover line. They had like maybe an inch with grass blades sticking up in that area while back home was like 2.5-3” of dense snow/sleet. 

Then the new snow last night became more noticeable near Blue Hill

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Drove into Quincy and saw the fresh coating. The existing snowpack actually decreased quite a bit between my house and the east side of Sherborn near the Dover line. They had like maybe an inch with grass blades sticking up in that area while back home was like 2.5-3” of dense snow/sleet. 

Then the new snow last night became more noticeable near Blue Hill

This was the airmass that was modeled to work into the system yesterday, like a week out. It's been dropping all morning. Down to 27.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This was the airmass that was modeled to work into the system yesterday, like a week out. It's been dropping all morning. Down to 27.

Yeah I remember. Once the CCB got cranking, a lot of guidance had this airmass get entrained and we saw output dropping it into the 20s on the coast and even some upper teens inland. But that high trended north and arrived later as we got closer.  

15 hours ago, dryslot said:

36.70" on the season, Avg is 75", Will we get there? I ave my doubt's.

Snowfall here averages almost exactly the same for NDJ as FMA.  Thru last winter the average total is 88.6", with 44.2" thru 1/31 and 44.4" afterwards.  If that pattern holds for this winter (and at your place), you'll finish very slightly BN.
(This should be taken with a barrel of salt.  In the 2005-06 ratter, only 15% of the total came after 1/31.  The next winter, it was 80% post-January.)

• Like 1

This thread is about dead, but I’ll say this has been an unexpected special storm.  Because of the lack of wind, and probably the clouds today, the thick snow has stayed in the trees.  Outside it looks like the storm just ended.  The woods walk this afternoon was spectacular.  Given the forecast, it should be great weather for woods wanders this week as we wait for the next stormy spell.  

a few shots from today, sorry the resolution looks sh*tty.

IMG_0845.jpeg

IMG_0838.jpeg

IMG_0843.jpeg

IMG_0837.jpeg

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I was in Holden Ma today, since they have a high elevation, they did well with the storm, looked like 5-6 inches but trees were still caked with snow.

Holden is a great spot. Retention there is night and day compared to even lower areas of Worcester. It’s why I often say ORH can be sliced in half in the city. The NW side from Indian Hill to Winter Hill on the Holden line over to Salisbury area over to Tatnuck square and ORH airport are way different than downtown to Webster square. You can go even weeks at times where there will be deep pack in that area while Webster square has patches of bare ground. 

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Holden is a great spot. Retention there is night and day compared to even lower areas of Worcester. It’s why I often say ORH can be sliced in half in the city. The NW side from Indian Hill to Winter Hill on the Holden line over to Salisbury area over to Tatnuck square and ORH airport are way different than downtown to Webster square. You can go even weeks at times where there will be deep pack in that area while Webster square has patches of bare ground. 

Down by route 20 isn't that great an area either. What's that area called, Edgemere?

13 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Down by route 20 isn't that great an area either. What's that area called, Edgemere?

Yeah Edgemere area is right on the Shrewsbury/ORH line on rt 20 on the southern tip of Lake Quinsigamond. It’s basically the lowest point in Worcester proper.