• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring the 29th/30th for significant impact coastal redevelopment - confidence only medium for now but is trending favorably.

Typhoon Tip

Damn that would be impressive ..  Take ORH for example temps in the mid to upper 30s as precip starts Sunday evening, changes to snow .. temps tank 15 degrees Monday morning, flash freeze with 6"+ of snow and temps in the teens Monday with some blowing and drifting powder on the 3" of paste .. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

True the WCB definitely dies out before us in New England .. Just tired here of the constant last minute push NW that takes us out of the goods 

Over the years I’ve basically taught myself to assume it will go to shit and if I’m wrong that’s great. I’m on the coast though so it’s easier for things to go wrong.

1 minute ago, RDRY said:

From 2000-2015, this system would just keep amping up on subsequent model runs. The past few years, the opposite. 

A srn stream system like this more often than not will. Look at this season for example. Sure not always, but that's the MO of these systems. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

ya I was saying this, the first half of the storm is inside day 4 for tonights runs .. miss the days when euro day 3.5 was the truth

We have chased a lot of snow around here recently that started around 180 hrs or so only to have it fall apart within 100 hrs....hopefully this continues to trend favorably at this point

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I'll take it. Little OE too.

It really is charmed change in the cold air handling. 

I mean ... prior runs were bullying in a wholesale arctic plunging Ontario jet, which was causing confluence to become overwhelming and suppressing what was already an uninspired wave space/cyclone.  

Now,  not only is the wave space/cyclone stronger, but that fisting N/stream has backed way off, but still there is enough with confluence to supply a fresh cold air source to mix into the top of the circulation. 

These 12z runs really on whole/blend or whatever, is really the epitome of what enthusiasts would be hoping as a turn around. And the trend may not be done.   Said wave space/mechanics are just now nosing onboard in the NW.  I mean if that comes in more powerful, and the PNA ridge continues it's correction taller... what does that mean.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Let's do this and follow it up the modeled NJ cyclogen.

Haha :lol:

wondered if anyone else saw that NJ model critter hardly two days later.  That would be another 10" for you to PVD to Scott axis while Kevin ....oh so barely misses it with 2"   lol

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Is it possible that piece could ultimately phase in if the sw is more amped, slower deeper?

When you see 4 or more pages of post you know which areas are getting hit when the models come out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I think Jeff will be able to get this to come north.

Come to papa....

Wish i had that power, ha ha, If i could get it to go where i want it too, It would have to come north like 300 miles or so.....lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

The next couple days is when you really need to see where the poster lives to interpret if the run is good for your backyard , because it’s everyone for themselves  (more than normal )

Definitely. If I see Dryslot first to post the euro i just log off. It's the perfect time saver option

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1