• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Fwiw ... family member in NJ has lawn greening with crocuses and tulips coming up - about 3 weeks ahead of schedule since she's lived there over nearly 20 years ( anecdotally).

I have bulbs of some sort coming up for awhile now. Just some green sprouts about 2-3" tall in sun torched spots.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

My grass is all cratered with dog urine burn spots. Methinks a Be Respectful sign is going up in March. 

I mean .... Dogs being walked have to pee somewhere. 

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

That run was also completely off the ranch wondering unconstrained chaos-driven waste of electron usage, too -

Nope…it’s in the realm of possibilities, you’ve said it yourself, models don’t spit out the impossible. LFG. :lol:  Just wait till 18z comes out…1888 from Virginia to Maine 

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Fwiw ... family member in NJ has lawn greening with crocuses and tulips coming up - about 3 weeks ahead of schedule since she's lived there over nearly 20 years ( anecdotally).

Where in Jersey is she? Things are still pretty frozen here in terms of blooming flowers... But the lawns never went ultra brown, to be honest.

1 hour ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Agree. And there’s a big public park 50 yards down the street. 

Put some gypsum down it binds to the salt in the urine that creates the burnt grass and allows it to better wash through. I understand being respectful wrt picking up your dogs shit, but urine is a tough ask. My dog pisses a million times when I walk him.

• Thanks 1

I can still remember driving along the Connecticut shoreline in the Mystic area in Feb 2015 with nothing but frozen ocean as far as the eye can see. That was something, especially for typically mild coastal locations. Wouldn't it be nice if every winter was like that? It really makes you appreciate anomalies like that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I’ve had crocuses blooming in CT for a week. My daffodils are 6” up