• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

35 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We had two in the 20 teens .. one was a three year drought that had deficits 15-20”.. including one that had gypsy moths eat every single leaf on your trees 

32 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

He doesn’t care about the yard.

You don't understand the true meaning of drought. Hydrological reservoirs and water tables not some dried out grass that goes dormant every summer. The ones that pay for water complain the loudest 

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I have a well. 

How much extra electricity to run your well pump all day to water a couple brown spots. Lawns go dormant in summer.  Let nature do its thing. Find some organic fertilizer substitutes and care about the pollution more than how your neighbors look at you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You don't understand the true meaning of drought. Hydrological reservoirs and water tables not some dried out grass that goes dormant every summer. The ones that pay for water complain the loudest 

It was the worst drought since the 60s and was threatening water supplies here.

Lawn thread!

I reduced my lawn size by 2/3 and I scalp the piss out of what I now mow to retard the growth. I would kill it if I could but it always grows back as green as can be.

No nutes, no watering, no wasted hours.

Kill your lawns.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Chicken shit too. Have to watch the nitrates though. These guys and their golf course lawns polluting ground water for the sake of a green lawn. Chickens laying like crazy now. 

My 8 2023 birds are all laying and some of the others have restarted. Eggs for days. But yeah, all of those chicken droppings go around the fruit trees for slow steady nitrogen all year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gonegalt said:

Lawn thread!

I reduced my lawn size by 2/3 and I scalp the piss out of what I now mow to retard the growth. I would kill it if I could but it always grows back as green as can be.

Kill your lawns.

Grow out a section of meadow for the beneficial insects. It’ll make the ticks happy too. 

• Like 1

Just now, dendrite said:

Grow out a section of meadow for the beneficial insects. It’ll make the ticks happy too. 

The birds love it. My fields are meadows now. I bush og selectively every few years. Take out the trash scrub just leaving grasses, firs, birch and maple. No popple (poplar) ever.

Not many ticks up here. Never saw one in the house the 10 yrs we had a corgi.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I am up from 29" to 30" after the inch last night.

Yep, thanks, saw that on the new england snow page. To keep it consistent with the CT map i did on Feb 14th, i ended all totals there. that goes for the climo sites as well. March will be the next update

5 minutes ago, MRVexpat said:

Absolutely love it for the resorts and local communities. Personally, I'll be sticking to the BC this weekend and next. Hopefully next Friday delivers. 

I’m happy for the vacationers.  Almost every holiday period for multiple years has included rain it seems like, ha.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I’m happy for the vacationers.  Almost every holiday period for multiple years has included rain it seems like, ha.

Been snowing all morning here at Pico with some awesome conditions. 

Screenshot_20240217_113931_Gallery.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol you guys and Stein worry. One drought last one 1964 1965. Fraud 5

And 66 was running neck and neck with 65 thru met summer - NYC's driest JJA and 2nd hottest.  Then 9/21 had 5"+ and precip returned to average or more.

Driest February here (1999-forward) is 1.04".  Might be endangered.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gonegalt said:

Lawn thread!

Kill your lawns.

buuuuut...'Murica and all that. Dogs, lawns, John deere for your 1/4 acre, and spotless f350 

• Haha 1

This morning's half inch pushed us past Feb 2020 to 2.5" for the month.  Still have a chance to add to it next weekend, but no guarantee, and curtains for the month thereafter.  Not sure if we've ever had a snowless February here, but I kind of doubt it.

Also had a 0" for December.  Willing to bet we've had a completely snowless December before but not in a while.  2018 I recorded a grand total of a quarter inch.

• Like 1