26 68 60 64 1 0.31
27 70 58 64 1 0.77
28 68 63 65.5   0.45
29 75 62 68.5   0.84
30 73 62 67.5   0.01
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Still 3 to 6 otg here.. not much melting at all today

Snow is still frozen in my front yard despite being near 40F....but it's shaded and the dewpoint is like 6F. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

below normal snowfall and above normal temps doesn't deserve anything more than an F grade....it has felt like winter on about 7 days...and the departure from normal snowfall is going to increase over the next 7-10 days...

Low temp for the winter so far has been 11 degrees. On pace to not have a single morning temp below 10 degrees.

9 of the 25 winters here would meet those 2 criteria.  I'd hate to be in a class in which the teacher set the curve assuming a 36% flunk rate.  Median would probably be no higher than D.

Retro low has turned sunny to mostly cloudy this afternoon.

• Like 1

So this is interesting... the operational GFS led the GEFS ...which are now apparently leading the GEPs. 

Actually just getting sick of discussing it ... but, there is very little pattern change at this point in these guidance source. about ...3 to maybe 4 days of +PNA that matches typology, then it all morphs into something so exotically perturbed that it's not really certain +PNA has much identity there.  

weird.  

that's like the coup of all coups   ...One model's oddly aberrant solution at a planetary scale, leads all ens means.  wow. I mean... that's not like having a different solution with a storm system - it was the whole hemisphere

we'll see

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

EPS looks like it wants to move a low nearby or overhead early next week. 

Mean has advisory type stuff N of the pike....so that probably tells me there's some decent members mixed with the skunk jobs and cutters. I'm not particularly interested in that threat, but I think there's a subtlety growing threat for that Feb 16-18 timerange. I think if we're gonna pull off something major in this pattern, that's the first real chance.

Sometimes the first chance is the only chance too....hopefully not this time.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Still 3 to 6 otg here.. not much melting at all today

Greenfield is generally quite good with snow retention but outside of shaded yards, like my own, it is bare ground everywhere in the valley.  
Outside of the elevations and Ray’s area this winter has been garbage.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

So this is interesting... the operational GFS led the GEFS ...which are now apparently leading the GEPs. 

Actually just getting sick of discussing it ... but, there is very little pattern change at this point in these guidance source. about ...3 to maybe 4 days of +PNA that matches typology, then it all morphs into something so exotically perturbed that it's not really certain +PNA has much identity there.  

weird.  

that's like the coup of all coups   ...One model's oddly aberrant solution at a planetary scale, leads all ens means.  wow. I mean... that's not like having a different solution with a storm system - it was the whole hemisphere

we'll see

So pattern change cancel?   oh well, at least we got to see how nice it looked on the modeling for a while. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

So pattern change cancel?   oh well, at least we got to see how nice it looked on the modeling for a while. 

oh, it's still changing -

it's a matter of to what.  these guidances sources are saying the previous notion of a strong and stout +PNA is in trouble  - those being the GEFs system and the GEPs.  

it is unclear what takes place "if" the stouter version goes to squat

25 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

weird.  

we'll see

No Changes?!?  Uh oh, I might owe someone an apology...

But I don't believe it.  Full on ahead to our new pattern!  Even if it doesn't come in as even and coordinated as planned.  

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

oh, it's still changing -

it's a matter of to what.  the previous notions of a strong and stout +PNA is trouble in some of the guidance - those being the GEFs system and the GEPs.  

it is unclear what takes place "if" the stouter version goes to squat

could mean it favors the interior via Miller Bs that shoot out of the southern stream and are forced to redevelop?

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

No Changes?!?  Uh oh, I might owe someone an apology...

But I don't believe it.  Full on ahead to our new pattern!  Even if it doesn't come in as even and coordinated as planned.  

guys...

".3 to maybe 4 days of +PNA that matches typology, then it all morphs into something so exotically perturbed that it's not really certain +PNA has much identity there."

does not = no changes

3 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Pacific has gone to crap? Hmmm?  Last evening pacific looked great. 

Not going to lie, last year and so far this winter have sucked (I have 20.3" of snow over the past 2 years, when I average around 45" per year at my location, even 21/22 was 13"ish below normal)....Yes the pattern looked great in the 10-15 day range over the past few days, but we are now seeing the Pacific look less impressive as we get within the 10 day window. All the while, losing the nice sustained PNA spike. This is the same song and dance we have seen over the past 2 years, so at this point sadly I expect failure(hopefully wrong). Hopefully we score a snowstorm or 2, but I fully expect lots of potential that ends up being screwed up by 50 shortwaves dancing around each east of the Mississippi....

Lets get 1 big snowstorm and bring on Spring!

14 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Not going to lie, last year and so far this winter have sucked (I have 20.3" of snow over the past 2 years, when I average around 45" per year at my location, even 21/22 was 13"ish below normal)....Yes the pattern looked great in the 10-15 day range over the past few days, but we are now seeing the Pacific look less impressive as we get within the 10 day window. All the while, losing the nice sustained PNA spike. This is the same song and dance we have seen over the past 2 years, so at this point sadly I expect failure(hopefully wrong). Hopefully we score a snowstorm or 2, but I fully expect lots of potential that ends up being screwed up by 50 shortwaves dancing around each east of the Mississippi....

I have 14" or so in 2 years lmao. Never would I thought in my wildest dreams we would have two back to back 2001-2002 type seasons. It's usually 1 rat in between good years like 01-02, 06-07, 11-12, 19-20 etc. This really feels like we just continued 22-23...Part 2. Far from over though but that's where we're at.

And I still hear people complain about the snow and cold, it's like what more do you want? This is about as good as it gets if you hate that kind of weather, move to AZ. 

Edit: and NYC is wild 2.3" last season and 2.3" so far this one. That's insane. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Yea We have a small window to score a big event. Once the pac gets more hostile, we’ll need the atlantic to cooperate and call me crazy but we haven’t scored on that type of look since feb 21. 

1 hour ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

I guess I should've asked first, but taking the center section of a stratus, jamming it upside down into the snowpack and flipping it over to let it melt should give me a reasonable SWE, right? (and then taking the 10th's to mean inches?)

20240205_coremeltcompressed.jpg

You need to slide a thin board under it if you can but yea that should work.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I have 14" or so in 2 years lmao. Never would I thought in my wildest dreams we would have two back to back 2001-2002 type seasons. It's usually 1 rat in between good years like 01-02, 06-07, 11-12, 19-20 etc. This really feels like we just continued 22-23...Part 2. Far from over though but that's where we're at.

And I still hear people complain about the snow and cold, it's like what more do you want? This is about as good as it gets if you hate that kind of weather, move to AZ. 

Garbage winter so far.   It will take a double digit storm to bring us up to a D+ grade here. 

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea We have a small window to score a big event. Once the pac gets more hostile, we’ll need the atlantic to cooperate and call me crazy but we haven’t scored on that type of look since feb 21. 

I don't think it's a small window at all

download (18).png

download (19).png

download (20).png

download (21).png

• Like 4