Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 19th Storm OBS Thread

DCAlexandria

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

That band to the south is business. I think dc will just miss it?

Gonna be close but seems like it may just clip the south side of DC. Pretty cool that many models were insistent on showing a jack down around the northern neck area and that's where the heaviest snow is setting up.

52 minutes ago, TSG said:

WOW sudden burst of dendrites all the way down here in Cville. Was not expecting the back end to make it this far south at all! That has to be a good sign for you all near the metros.

and it's now been almost an hour of light to moderate parachutes. Only accumulating in cold spots and on top of the remaining snowpack but what a great surprise, it looked like we were too far south for anything more than midday flurries last night

After the morning boom we have been pretty much pixies out here. A few heavier bursts but I am only a bit over 3 for the event. These two events were about the same amount making my total for the year about 6.2 inches. Several have done better than me. We will see if we pick up anymore in snowshowers or squalls. The heavier stuff was just north and east.