• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan/Early Feb Medium/Long Range Discussion Part 3

WinterWxLuvr

The weekend event is a thread the needle but not impossible. There’s a N/S wave that dives SE across Canada. How that is timed with the southern wave etc will determine what happens. Euro actually brings the N/S piece out ahead which built in some HP and is why it showed a snow event for NYC etc. would really need a perfect timed scenario idk.

Can see the two pieces of energy here, our main shortwave and the one in SE Canada
19fc6788c8688f38698160c30cf97d4f.jpg

• Like 5

The weekend event is a thread the needle but not impossible. There’s a N/S wave that dives SE across Canada. How that is timed with the southern wave etc will determine what happens. Euro actually brings the N/S piece out ahead which built in some HP and is why it showed a snow event for NYC etc. would really need a perfect timed scenario idk.

Can see the two pieces of energy here, our main shortwave and the one in SE Canada

1 hour ago, BristowWx said:

Looks like quite the extended break.  Epic week however. Can’t complain even if this was it for winter. Need to detox anyway.  Booze and models don’t mix.  

Yeah I need a break, too. I can’t imagine a year like 2013-14 while working remotely and taking care of my daughter who is almost 3. After a crazy week, I took a nap today and slept for almost 4 hours!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Yeah I need a break, too. I can’t imagine a year like 2013-14 while working remotely and taking care of my daughter who is almost 3. After a crazy week, I took a nap today and slept for almost 4 hours!

I think I’d find a way to survive, lol, but yeah, I remember that year being exhausting. I also think the period from like mid January through early February in 2010 was tiring as well. But I’d be cool running that back!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

It certainly seems that the train wreck two weeks ahead has been embellished a bit.

I think we're gonna have another wintry period or two before the season's out and I don't think there's anything we can do about it.

of course i was hoping it would be a feb 1 to Feb 20 window.....but it is what is. Feb 10-March 10. Lets see what happens.

Area wide we are in the 10-13 inch zone right now

One Mecs of 15 and one Secs of 8 puts us 33-36. Thats a very good winter

One Hecs of 25 and one secs of 5 puts us 40-45 inches...that would be pretty epic around here

One Hecs of 35 and a secs of 3....would put us over 50

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Ji said:

of course i was hoping it would be a feb 1 to Feb 20 window.....but it is what is. Feb 10-March 10. Lets see what happens.

Area wide we are in the 10-13 inch zone right now

One Mecs of 15 and one Secs of 8 puts us 33-36. Thats a very good winter

One Hecs of 25 and one secs of 5 puts us 40-45 inches...that would be pretty epic around

One Hecs of 35 and a secs of 3....would put us over 50

HECS or bust.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

It certainly seems that the train wreck two weeks ahead has been embellished a bit.

As you've been saying don't sleep on Sunday. Especially for The western and Northern crews. 

Could be a rain to snow scenario if things break right for our areas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Ji said:

The expectation of every Moderate to Strong El Nino should be a a HECS. When is the last time we had one without a HECS or high end MECS? 97-98?

98 is showing up on d11+ analogs lol. But not at the top. Winter wx is making a small comeback on the analogs down the line already. That's encouraging considering how terrible they have looked last 5 days lol

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Ji said:

The expectation of every Moderate to Strong El Nino should be a a HECS. When is the last time we had one without a HECS or high end MECS? 97-98?

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

98 is showing up on d11+ analogs lol. But not at the top. Winter wx is making a small comeback on the analogs down the line already. That's encouraging considering how terrible they have looked last 5 days lol

We had “The Look” in 97-98 multiple times and got phasing southern stream coastal bombs 3 times I think? Just that temps were in the 40s and the rain/snow line was around frostburg…

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

We had “The Look” in 97-98 multiple times and got phasing southern stream coastal bombs 3 times I think? Just that temps were in the 40s and the rain/snow line was around frostburg…

image.thumb.png.fc4905bd2c3f715855b3d7cae4db66f8.png

yep. lots of warmish rainstorms for the 95 corridor. fun to click through with this map: https://climatereanalyzer.org/clim/sst_daily/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1