Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 15-16 Storm Thread 3: Obs and Disco

stormtracker

9 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Interesting how sidewalks have caved in Ashburn but out 3 east of Dulles they’ve continued to melt. 

We’re oscillating between steady light snow with some lessening of visibility and pixie dust. There are some pretty good bands moving into DC shortly. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Trying to strategize a Jebwalk.  Want to watch the Bills game and don't want to get sunburned from the high sun angle.  

Same! I’m thinking a 30-40 min Jebwalk before the game. Probably pack 2 beers for the walk. ;)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Pixee said:

LOL ESPN just showed they're still desperately trying to dig out snow for the Bills game. Apparently it kept going until 11 AM. Everything is still  buried in snow. They had a handful of people with shovels at the stadium. Good luck with that...they'll be lucky to be finished by next week.

image.png.2be3850686c8428de318e69b54db7ba5.png

Field is fine 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39314436/sun-crews-busy-digging-snow-covered-stadium-bills-playoff-game-vs-steelers

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

About the same here in AdMo. Starting to overcome the salt on the more heavily treated roads and walkways as well. 

for some reason they didn't treat many of the side streets in Tenley/AU park.  A lot are snow covered.  Wisconsin and Mass seem to still be clear.

6 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

for some reason they didn't treat many of the side streets in Tenley/AU park.  A lot are snow covered.  Wisconsin and Mass seem to still be clear.

It’s pretty random here too. I feel like they get lazy when there hasn’t been snow for a while, but maybe that’s in my head. But there’s way more salt on the sidewalks through Kalorama Park than the side streets near my building.