• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 15-16 Storm Threat Thread: The Return of Hope??

stormtracker

GFS differs with placement of that nice stripe of heavier totals compared to hi res short term. Will be interesting to see who ends up winning that battle. GFS also more of a make everyone happy kind of setup in the other fashion.

GFS is solid but boy oh boy still quite a bit of spread when compared to the high res guidance. I mean we go from 4-6+ south of the DMV area on the GFS to heavier snow north towards Balt north with warm ~925 mb layer issues along/east of 95 here, esp in So. MD, per the NAM and high res guidance. All within 36, maybe 24 hours from go time. Weird.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, WxMan1 said:

GFS is solid but boy oh boy still quite a bit of spread when compared to the high res guidance. I mean we go from 4-6+ south of the DMV area on the GFS to heavier snow north towards Balt north with warm ~925 mb layer issues along/east of 95 here, esp in So. MD, per the NAM and high res guidance. All within 36, maybe 24 hours from go time. Weird.

Wild isn't it? I'll defer to the Euro for some additional assistance since it is a global but higher res in comparison. Has been improving the h5 look out in front and juicing up qpf the last 2 suites. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AtlanticWx said:

why were we freaking out ab the NAM again? it's the only model that shows ice here. the only model out of dozens 

CMC has been more amped/warmer, but not as pronounced as the NAM. It's probably doing its typical over-amping thing. 12z Euro is an important run to me. It had my area warming more w less precip for the second half of the event, a tick towards the CMC. I doubt any of this impacts areas west of I-95.

• Like 2