• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring some form of significant ( to be determined more precisely) impact winter storm, Jan 16/17th. Moderate seems to be the upper limit - for now

Typhoon Tip

should be a 'scorched earth' policy in effect when people can't control themselves.   hard to believe these are 30 40 50 ... 70 year-olds we're talking about but oh well.

starting to suspect there's a raw competency limitation that we're far underselling - it's not that people's expectations about storms get too high, it is that we the thread writers and discussions purveyors have too high of expectation in the audience that's in the room -

I dunno.  some of you just need to shut the fuck up and leave

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

should be a 'scorched earth' policy in effect when people can't control themselves.   hard to believe these are 30 40 50 ... 70 year-olds we're talking about but oh well.

starting to suspect there's a raw competency limitation that we're far underselling - it's not that people's expectations about storms get too high, it is that we the thread writers and discussions purveyors have too high of expectation in the audience that's in the room -

i suspect that some people get all their dopamine from favorable model runs, and when they don’t happen and they don’t get their rush, they collapse in on themselves like a dying star

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

John, there a few asses (not you Luke, I now it was in jest) in a sea of quality weather enthusiasts.  I'm dealing with the same crap..don't let it detract from your enjoyment of the site. Your contributions are appreciated. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

John, there a few asses (not you Luke, I now it was in jest) in a sea of quality weather enthusiasts.  I'm dealing with the same crap..don't let it detract from your enjoyment of the site. Your contributions are appreciated. 

i hope i don’t do the same. i like to highlight potential, but maybe i should be more reserved. i know that the mets and we’ll adjusted hobbyists can compartmentalize potential from possible reality, but some can’t 

anyway, seems like we may be in the process of increased trough consolidation. many may be looking at a solid light event

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

18z OP GFS was a little better but still not much but the GEFS def ticked much better. 

Fwiw - ICON came back and embarrassed some posters - if they're capable of shame    sorry just a little agitated more than normal

icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_24.png

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

LOL DT has declared the PHL-BOS corridor as getting nada from this as of 90 minutes ago

UPDATE ON  JAN 16-17   -  No snowstorm for the  Middle Atlantic  and New England.  Big swing and a Miss. Not happening

Better chance of the Eagles getting to the  super Bowl
than Tuesday Jan 16  turning into anything  meaningful

"We must face the facts squarely my leader,,,  we cannot force the  Meuse River !!  "-   Chief of the German staff Alfred Jodl   DEC 26 1944

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, kdxken said:

UPDATE ON  JAN 16-17   -  No snowstorm for the  Middle Atlantic  and New England.  Big swing and a Miss. Not happening

"We must face the facts squarely my leader,,,  we cannot force the  Meuse River !!  "-   Chief of the German staff Alfred Jodl   DEC 26 1944

Shit. Now I have to plan to clear snow this week.

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

|Well, there is the Omega Jinx...|

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

He may be subjectively right - if that makes any sense ...

If we lay in 3-5" ( say), that's not really a snow "storm".   But the other aspect is that it may be up the coast from the mid Atlantic latitudes, either way.. so, partially correct there, too.

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

It would be nice to get this thing more inflow and not a linear type band, but then again too much and it’s into PVD. Hopefully a few inches for many.

Ya, if we can pick up 2-4” that’d be a win, and some decent snow cover to go along with the cold. I’d sign for that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Completely agree with bolded...  While I'm not a big poster, I do enjoy reading many of the treads, but the BS has gotten just so overwhelming!!!  Some very sad lifestyles out there 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FXWX said:

Completely agree with bolded...  While I'm not a big poster, I do enjoy reading many of the treads, but the BS has gotten just so overwhelming!!!  Some very sad lifestyles out there 

Mods need to start cleaning it up, and enforcing a no BS policy.  

• Like 2