Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7, 2024 Winter Storm Obs Thread

WxWatcher007

4 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Both look fairly caddy up there atleast. Gfs really wedges late week with some sfc troughing into the GOM

Yeah, We will mix out on weds, But we may be able to salvage the pack if what modeling has here overnight tues, Looks like another 4-8", The weekend one may be better, CMC was more of a hugger rather then a runner, We are slowly coming into a more winter like pattern going forward.

12 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

The report is from the OKX PNS from a trained spotter.

And what is that second sentence supposed to mean? Doesn't make any sense. 

Idk what it is but some of the petty stuff got to me with this storm lol.

Just because you didn’t see 12” it doesn’t make the storm a bust. 

Just because you got 3.1” in your backyard it doesn’t mean someone in your town got the same amount. If they got 4” tip your cap and move on. 

Don't tell me you got 1” of slush when you took your only “measurement” at 11am on Sunday. 

Thank you. Needed to get that off my chest. It’s a beautiful day. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Idk what it is but some of the petty stuff got to me with this storm lol.

Just because you didn’t see 12” it doesn’t make the storm a bust. 

Just because you got 3.1” in your backyard it doesn’t mean someone in your town got the same amount. If they got 4” tip your cap and move on. 

Don't tell me you got 1” of slush when you took your only “measurement” at 11am on Sunday. 

Thank you. Needed to get that off my chest. It’s a beautiful day. 

Tell me about it, seems to happen almost every storm

Anyway heres an updated CT snowfall totals after the new cocorahs data came out this morning. 

01.08.24_jdj_snowfall_totals.jpg

1 hour ago, The 4 Seasons said:

The report is from the OKX PNS from a trained spotter.

And what is that second sentence supposed to mean? Doesn't make any sense. 

i am a trained spotter for wtnh big deal .

and i mean to try and pin point .5 or .1 inch is crazy in a lawn with dips and holes a leaf under the snow drifts you just don't know. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

@Great Snow 1717How much did you measure in Metheun? 

18.75....keep in mind that the area had OES(snow/sleet/graupel) for several hours prior to the main snow shield moving in. At midnight there was perhaps an inch of snow on the ground but it snowed heavily for several hours prior to dawn. Mostly light snow in the morning but heavier periods of snow in the afternoon and early evening.

What did you measure?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

18.75....keep in mind that the area had OES(snow/sleet/graupel) for several hours prior to the main snow shield moving in. At midnight there was perhaps an inch of snow on the ground but it snowed heavily for several hours prior to dawn. Mostly light snow in the morning but heavier periods of snow in the afternoon and early evening.

What did you measure?

Pretty much everybody measured less than you. You killed it this go around. What a start. 

4 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Tell me about it, seems to happen almost every storm

Anyway heres an updated CT snowfall totals after the new cocorahs data came out this morning. 

01.08.24_jdj_snowfall_totals.jpg

I'm still skeptical about that 17 in Granby, I was up there this morning and looked about the same as my place and through barkhamsted, but could have been a little micro climate situation, idk, but it sticks out with most around here between 10-14", good job with this btw, it's nice to see a summary after to see the pattern of snowfall

23 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Pretty much everybody measured less than you. You killed it this go around. What a start.

Ray I think measured 19 inches. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some 20+ totals in Haverhill, Plaistow and Salem Nh.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

I'm still skeptical about that 17 in Granby, I was up there this morning and looked about the same as my place and through barkhamsted, but could have been a little micro climate situation, idk, but it sticks out with most around here between 10-14", good job with this btw, it's nice to see a summary after to see the pattern of snowfall

I am too, i've noticed in a lot of storms that "North Granby" report is always pretty high. Hard to know for sure one way or the other. Thanks brother

• Like 1