• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7, 2024 Winter Storm Obs Thread

WxWatcher007

if anyone has any totals from Round 1 only in CT i can make a quick map to show we got so far. 

We had 3” in Ansonia when I checked around midnight. It’s compacted due to rain.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

more settling Where the snow was wetter longer is my guess 

Absolutely! Temperature were a major key player. Even If it snowed harder in that band last night southeast of 495, If temps were 33-34F Degrees The wet snow would not have accumulated as readily as those with lesser omega northwest of 495 with temps around 30-31F degres or so. BL temps are always key to the forecast.

if we can get one of these heavy bursts to sustain for a couple hours it'll be another few inches, they seem to last a half hour then peeter out and start back up, wind is picking up too now... don't think I got above 25 the entire time, it was 25 when it started and is now.

• Like 1

Just now, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Ain’t happening James, enjoy out east. 

RIP to the goat. 

C-2 S CT, 2-4 N CT still looks right on track. just was hoping for a feb 1 2015 type of blow up to happen with 6" in two hours. Similar type of CCB situation with the SLP rapidly deepening just SE of LI

09.JPG.a7916256fb8eb5900030c4d0477f6591.JPG

35 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

4.75” for round 1.  Hoping for a couple more to bring us close to 7”…

It's funny. Before the storm started I mistaking we will settle at 8 in when all is said and done. We have about 5" ( Have some compression with the drizzle on top I'm just a w excuse me eight the snow ).

Strangely, it's been a weird snizzle for the last hour and a half. The radar looks like it's filling in around us so I'm thinking we should start to see the snow coming down again. Any minute. Very strange

Temps must be dropping...That 1.25" of heavy, water logged snow is turning into a nasty sheet of ice.  I just went and cleared windshields and sh.it is starting to freeze solid.  Nasty.

Eversource dropped off a large portable generator to power our neighborhood again in anticipation of heavy lines today and the wind follow up this week.  

Damage is coming here, but not in the form of heavy snow.

3 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

RIP to the goat. 

C-2 S CT, 2-4 N CT still looks right on track. just was hoping for a feb 1 2015 type of blow up to happen with 6" in two hours. Similar type of CCB situation with the SLP rapidly deepening just SE of LI

09.JPG.a7916256fb8eb5900030c4d0477f6591.JPG

It’s going to happen east of CT for sure. Radar looks great for them I’m going to live vicariously through Foxboro watching the pats/jets game while the sun peaks out here and my 2” slowly melts ..