Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7, 2024 Winter Storm Obs Thread

WxWatcher007

29 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well we’ve lost the paster we were hoping for. Temps running quite a bit colder than modeled . Probably bodes well for those on the line to the south and also tips the cap towards colder solutions.

IIaIuVc.png

Enjoy the paste later. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well we’ve lost the paster we were hoping for. Temps running quite a bit colder than modeled . Probably bodes well for those on the line to the south and also tips the cap towards colder solutions.

IIaIuVc.png

33.7 here in the valley, we'll get the paste, you'll get better ratios. Hoping we don't get marginal rates with borderline temps and shadow on the east flow and end up with like 4-6". If I honestly had to give a number for here, I'd probably go with 5".  

5 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Can’t drink more than 1 beer. Too filling. Whiskey easier.

honestly I outgrew the taste altogether, prefer a nice bourbon when I do drink... also, 27/22 and still overcast with virga overhead, radar looks like garbage right now, breaking up as it pushes in

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CT Valley Snowman said:

33.7 here in the valley, we'll get the paste, you'll get better ratios. Hoping we don't get marginal rates with borderline temps and shadow on the east flow and end up with like 4-6". If I honestly had to give a number for here, I'd probably go with 5".  

7-8” there 

5 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Run on the stores. Long lines with bread being restocked :lol: 

Stores were picked clean up here about an hour ago.  Amazing

breezy and light snow started right around 6pm

9 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

honestly I outgrew the taste altogether, prefer a nice bourbon when I do drink... also, 27/22 and still overcast with virga overhead, radar looks like garbage right now, breaking up as it pushes in

Jack n’Coke or a straight rye over ice. 
OES squall moving through. quick coating

• Like 4

27/22 and picking up steam here...and we're off! good luck and hopefully we can cash in on some meso magic and make some noise later, not much better than tssn...i recall I think 2003 or 04, on a Sunday afternoon absolutely pouring snow and tssn mid afternoon, that was cool, I think I've only witnessed it personally maybe 5-7 times in my lifetime, only got on video once in 2013 band of death

27 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

Where abouts? I grew up around rt 102/117. Sometimes it could be rain at the intersection and snowing as soon as you went up some of the hills

Central coventry,near center of New England plaza