• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7 Storm Discussion: we’re due?

WxUSAF

41 minutes ago, WeatherShak said:

27 degrees. Posted up halfway between Hagerstown and Cumberland at around 1500 feet.

f052a6182f776dc2456952dfcb34299d.jpg

Excellent shot- that appears to be the Andromeda galaxy if I'm not mistaken (I recognize the arc of stars)! I haven't seen a view like that since I was dragging my scope out to Route 66 in California. I miss dark skies.

• Like 1

Just now, AtlanticWx said:

how is it not? you have a strong high north of us damming cold air into the mountains here. this is pretty clearly a CAD signature image.thumb.png.16a17aff65dd8a090c303c8460a691a8.png

Not really what I would call cad. We have a soso high very far to the north. Typically cad is wedged right up against the mountains. Notice those colder temps are basically right along the spine. True cad will show up further east and into the Piedmont areas of NC, Va and even northern SC. Winds will be out of the northeast at the surface. We don’t have any of that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AtlanticWx said:

how is it not? you have a strong high north of us damming cold air into the mountains here. this is pretty clearly a CAD signature image.thumb.png.16a17aff65dd8a090c303c8460a691a8.png

Also notice to the west of the mountains. In a real cad setup those temps will often be 15 to as much as 20 degrees warmer than on the east side

3 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

37/18. High of 38 today. Dew point has already started falling from a high of 21. RGEM is either the most consistent model of all time. Or it is going to go down in flames thinking it is. Feel pretty confident that my 3+ inch snowstorm drought will end tomorrow. And that is fine by me. Would I like to actually get 8? Of course. But I will enjoy whatever I get. 

What's your location? 

Just realized that LWX did an intermediate update at 7:00 and increased snow accumulations here from the 2-5” they put out this afternoon to 4-8” now.  Also added language to the WSW saying snowfall rates could reach 1-2” an hour tomorrow afternoon.  Further, they say precip should remain almost all snow.
 :sled:

• Like 9

Just realized that LWX did an intermediate update at 7:00 and increased snow accumulations here from the 2-5” they put out this afternoon to 4-8” now.  Also added language to the WSW saying snowfall rates could reach 1-2” an hour tomorrow afternoon.  Further, they say precip should remain almost all snow.
 :sled:

Gotta think some of the features down south are playing a factor. Will be curious to see how much of an increase in temp the clouds will cause in a few hours.
  • Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic