• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

To me it’s not going to be Metheun area. It looks to me like it’ll be N ORH county around Hunch 

Reading the Kuchera yes, Otherwise, the more common 10:1 ratio output puts it very close to Ray maybe a little north of that but not by much.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

And then they lunge at you electronically with hurtful posts when you try to tell them a good band is coming. 

Children crying and asking why daddy gets mad whenever he says “Scooter knew”

The idea of euro being less of a tool close in was debunked 15-20 years ago.  It has I believe mesoscale components making it probably as valid or more vs the short term models.  However, the short term models are updated hourly (some) and that brings more up to date data.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

The idea of euro being less of a tool close in was debunked 15-20 years ago.  It has I believe mesoscale components making it probably as valid or more vs the short term models.  However, the short term models are updated hourly (some) and that brings more up to date data.

I’ve noticed in recent years the euro can sometimes be too cold aloft within 36 hours on marginal situations with elevated warm layers. The mesoscale models seem to sniff those out a little better….but I largely agree the euro is still extremely useful close in. 

It’s near-term reputation also took a bad hit during the Jan 2015 blizzard debacle in NYC…and it’s kind of never recovered to its previous reputation. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I’ve noticed in recent years the euro can sometimes be too cold aloft within 36 hours on marginal situations with elevated warm layers. The mesoscale models seem to sniff those out a little better….but I largely agree the euro is still extremely useful close in. 

It’s near-term reputation also took a bad hit during the Jan 2015 blizzard debacle in NYC…and it’s kind of never recovered to its previous reputation. 

Jan 15 bust, Jan 16 bust. There’s been more with lesser implications, but it’s reputation has been hurt for valid reasons imo. Maybe we’ve gone too far beating it up, especially Wolfie, but there is merit to it.

1 minute ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

They are only about 5-10 miles apart by 12z Sunday 

What I'm getting at is the small nuances of the phasing and true trajectory of the snow shield vs the marine air influence. Such as GFS slightly earlier phase, Euro slightly later phase, and so forth.