Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Discobs 2024

George BM

2 hours ago, Chris78 said:

I'm so Jealous right now lol

They were making snow on a lot of runs that aren’t opened yet so I would think they’re getting ready to open additional runs this week - especially with the upslope later this week and the weekend potential.  With the long range guidance, things should be great at the ski resorts throughout Jan/Feb.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RDM said:

Great picture - we have one who frequents our front yard.  They are a beast.  The largest woodpecker in N. America.  They can also cause significant damage to homes - spoken from first-hand experience.  Ours loves the cedar siding on our house, unfortunately.  When he's doing his thing it's like a Ma Deuce sounding off.  There's also several smaller woodpeckers who frequent our yard and home.  It appears sometimes as though they follow the big guy around.  Even though they are a fraction of the size, the smaller peckers do more damage.  

FWIW - Have a great horned owl in our back woods too.  Saw him the other evening when he about took my hat off.  Haven't seen any geese lately, but the squirrels were out again today doing their thing.  

Yep, I had one (pileated woodpecker) do a good bit of damage to the back deck 3 years ago. Had to replace several railing boards where he was after carpenter bee larvae. I got rid of the bees after that too! I saw the bald eagle fly over again this morning, that is three sightings in last two weeks. :) 

• Like 2

Having some rain here in south central Texas, been steady light rain with some embedded heavier showers. Dews are safely above freezing, 49 degrees.

Thankful for the rain, we need a hell of a LOT of it down here.

This weather system is building up, you're next, Mid Atlantic, only there it will run smack dab into frigid high pressure then turn to SNOW and pile up!

Good or bad, the sun was at perhilion last night so we are at the time of year when our sunrises begin getting earlier.  Personally, I'm always disappointed when we don't get a decent snow event from mid-December to mid-January because when it snows this time of year, the evenings and mornings seem to drag on forever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic