• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.

wdrag

Well, I was worried, LI wouldn't produce decent wind but it did.

Since about 1AM the following gusts 50 knots.

KFRG: Farmingdale, Republic Airport, NY, United States [51kt, 26m/s]

KHWV: Shirley, Brookhaven Airport, NY, United States [55kt, 28m/s]

KISP: Islip, Long Island Mac Arthur Airport, NY, United States [50kt, 26m/s]

I'll await OKX max gust report when they get settled and have enough staff to generate it.

• Like 2

Approximately 2.6" of rain here.  It looks like I was right on the edge of the heaviest stuff but just missed it.  Still impressive.

The wind here seemed worse at 6 pm yesterday than overnight.  I heard heavy rain a couple of times, including another brief drenching around 3:15 AM, but the rattling and whooshing of wind never woke me up.  The power flickered a few more times but stayed on.  Our partially finished basement took in a little water but the french drain worked.

That was the most constant “heavy” winds here since Sandy, no exaggeration. Have had plenty of storms that produced, but that was hours of nonstop that peaked with that line. Half the major roads in the county are closed due to flooding. Couple trees down on houses, numerous water rescues. 

• Like 2

Just now, snywx said:

2.45" of rain here

Not much wind to speak of

Highest wind gust was 20mph  

That line developed just to your southwest, even parts of rockland only had 15-20 mph gusts but the southeastern section looks like 40s in poorly placed weather stations. 

harriman state park got crushed, water rescues at anthony wayne.

finished with 3.2” here looks like. 

3 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

That line developed just to your southwest, even parts of rockland only had 15-20 mph gusts but the southeastern section looks like 40s in poorly placed weather stations. 

Looks like we maintained a good amount of snowpack as well. Temp never got above 44°. Just to my SW its in the mid 50s. The kids do have a 2 hr delay tho 

• Like 2

Our power was restored by 2:30 am, thanks to the road crews! Our snowpack is gone, save a few piles. 

Now the waiting game to see how bad the major rivers will impact travel in north Jersey. For those along the rivers, of course empathy with having to clean up again. 

• Like 1

High of 52 at 2:18am, down to 42 now, after .5” of snow to start yesterday wound up with a 1.95” through the tipper but 2.22" in the Status for the liquid total. Impressed I still have snow cover, although thin under the trees now, 4” at the stake. Highest wind gust was 18mph here but I think there will be more wind around here this afternoon than there was last night. Will be monitoring the Wallkill in Middletown all day. 

39 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

4.2”. I cant count past 3 apparently. 

• Haha 1

Lots of road closures surrounding us. Going to get on the bicycle shortly and check things out. There is an alternative route out of development that remains open in all but the worst conditions. It looks like the Raritan will crest this afternoon. I think parts of 206 are closed already. If the Finderne Rd bridge into Manville closes later today, we pretty much will be on an island again. Just an inconvenience for me but I hate to see the homes that get flooded.

• Rjay unpinned this topic