• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.

wdrag

4 minutes ago, Bxstormwatcher360 said:

Dry air is eating at the precip here,nothing doing up here in the bx!..only gd news is that it is cold and it is gonna snow in the metro,if it isnt already!!. I do expect the streak to end shortly. 

I mentioned it every storm. It’s the Connecticut River Valley dry nose that pushes into the metro. That’s why sometimes you’ll see central Long Island snowing before the metro airports are or even northwest Jersey, even in set ups where we get crushed the metro tends to saturate last and often has higher visibility for several hours, while those surrounding areas might be below a mile.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, MANDA said:

Bright banding (sleet / big wet flakes) showing up on radar southwest and west of PHL.

Much of the Philadelphia area has already changed over to rain.  The snow/mix/rain line has already moved at least five miles north of the main line of the Pennsylvania Turnpike in the Philly suburbs.

1 hour ago, mikeysed said:

Any account for elevation being 1300? Sussex should get about 10. I figure another 2 on the mountain

I always worry about sleet... HRRR is seeming to lock sleet to just up to Stanhope NJ-Scranton PA at midnight... if so,  you're good for 6-9" by midnight.  EC very very steady cyclically on qpf  near .7 today and .1 or .2 tomorrow morning.  Should be some freezing rain-sleet-freezing drizzle in SC 1A-7A Sunday then bands of mainly light snow for 6 to 10 hours and another inch or so on the snow cover but pavement probably mostly wet tomorrow.  I hope you get a foot. I'd visit but already take too much time away from family with this computer stuff.  You're about 20-30 min from where I live.  Go to Granny's for Breakfast on SR23 in Hamburg.  Very good. 

5 minutes ago, lee59 said:

According to Columbus Circle webcam, snow has started in Central Park.

Please keep us posted on webcam at 7PM and 9P.  After that's for sure all rain til maybe 10A Sunday when its too late. 

Haven't see PHL and BWI reports but my guess at least 0.1" there---just via sleet. 

2 minutes ago, Tatamy said:

Much of the Philadelphia area has already changed over to rain.  The snow/mix/rain line has already moved at least five miles north of the main line of the Pennsylvania Turnpike in the Philly suburbs.

Snowflakes over the postage stamp. My vintage state of the art I’ll placed thermometer reads ….. ah well you can see for your selves. Stay well everyone, as always ….

IMG_7042.jpeg

IMG_7043.jpeg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

but if it's never measured did it really happen?

They won’t measure til 00z, by then I suspect they go to rain so probbaly if they get anything it’ll be recorded as only a trace.  If they get a nice burst I suspect NWS will call and tell them to get out there and measure.  I was told they often do but they can’t always get someone out there in time.  Whether those rumors are true or not I do not know 

1 minute ago, wdrag said:

Please keep us posted on webcam at 7PM and 9P.  After that's for sure all rain til maybe 10A Sunday when its too late. 

Haven't see PHL and BWI reports but my guess at least 0.1" there---just via sleet. 

Not sure it will be all rain 9 pm to 10 am. I think maybe central park on north could see some mixing back and forth but definitely no accumulation after 9:00 pm.

50 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

34 degrees with moderate snow here, and it's starting to dust the grassy areas. Looks as if we could get a half inch to an inch on colder surfaces here. A minor event here, but I hope folks to the north and west enjoy the snowstorm! 

Snowing nicely here in NP. I'm on 22 and it's just wet but sticking elsewhere. Hrrr keeps me snow til at least 7. We'll see.  If that's the case 2 to 3 is a possibility 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stormlover74 said:

Snowing nicely here in NP. I'm on 22 and it's just wet but sticking elsewhere. Hrrr keeps me snow til at least 7. We'll see.  If that's the case 2 to 3 is a possibility 

We have a nice little quarter inch coating here and it's snowing moderately. The mix line is moving up into southern Middlesex County now, so I'd be surprised if we get to 3. I'm thinking more like 1, but 2 isn't out of the question. We'll see. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wdrag said:

I always worry about sleet... HRRR is seeming to lock sleet to just up to Stanhope NJ-Scranton PA at midnight... if so,  you're good for 6-9" by midnight.  EC very very steady cyclically on qpf  near .7 today and .1 or .2 tomorrow morning.  Should be some freezing rain-sleet-freezing drizzle in SC 1A-7A Sunday then bands of mainly light snow for 6 to 10 hours and another inch or so on the snow cover but pavement probably mostly wet tomorrow.  I hope you get a foot. I'd visit but already take too much time away from family with this computer stuff.  You're about 20-30 min from where I live.  Go to Granny's for Breakfast on SR23 in Hamburg.  Very good. 

We eat there everytime we golf up that way. Usually either Black Bear or one of the Crystal Springs courses.

• Like 1

Just now, winterwx21 said:

We have a nice little quarter inch coating here and it's snowing moderately. The mix line is moving up into southern Middlesex County now, so I'd be surprised if we get to 3. I'm thinking more like 1, but 2 isn't out of the question. We'll see. 

I'm going strictly off what hrrr is showing. Who knows if it's right

10 minutes ago, wdrag said:

Columbus Circle webcam for anyone interested:

https://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/columbuscircle/?cam=columbus_circle

• wdrag changed the title to Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.
  • Rjay unpinned this topic