Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan Medium/Long Range Disco: Winter is coming

stormtracker

2 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

You sure about that? The mean at 85H during storm height is -2 with 10th percentile at -4C and 90th at 1C. It was actually a nice showing imo. 

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Yeah. East of the Blue Ridge has some temp issues. Around an inch of QPF for the 24hr mean. Pretty juicy for the GEFS. Especially with it being a swift mover. 

Spelling mistake on my part. I corrected the post.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Note the trend of the cold HP strength up top on the gefs

IMG_5845.thumb.gif.0a0e0e409b756cff5269db82f37f71f8.gif

That's really good to see. Gives us some wiggle room for the last minute bleed north that always seems to happen.

Who knows if it happens this time but history says it ussually does.

CMC is simply amped. It wasn't the elephant OH transfer solution. If the euro shows the same heights (or better) at hrs 60-72 like the gfs/icon did, we can start not worrying about the most heartbreaking type of outcome. Didn't take much at all to knock that solution down today. Very subtle shift. Same with temps. I think too many people jumped the gun on a few wobbles warm past few days. I didn't like seeing it either but long range tracking shouldn't laser in so quickly. Being reactionary to ops beyond d4 can greatly reduce personal verification scores. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Just now, brooklynwx99 said:

if I had to choose, I would probably be more worried about a CMC type solution more than anything, but a lot of options are still on the table. not worth really freaking out over at this range

If Euro shows more of a GFS/ICON type look at 12z that ease some fears at all or you’re still worried about trends as we lead up to game time?

1 hour ago, RDM said:

Stepped away for a bit and came back to 120+ posts in less than an hour.  Knew something was up, but the ICON looks drool-worthy.  But the totals on the clown map showing more for DC than NW burbs is questionable.  

Great to have you back with us Bob Chill.  Your like E.F. Hutton for those of us old enough to remember those commercials.  Hope the outcome going forward bodes well for you sticking around.  

When E F Hutton talks... everyone listens!!  ;)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

if I had to choose, I would probably be more worried about a CMC type solution more than anything, but a lot of options are still on the table. not worth really freaking out over at this range

Lucky for us in the mid-Atlantic, our freakouts automatically regenerate so we can’t run out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

52 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Must be a temp problem because it's naso good until you get out into the burbs. 6-8"+ your way. 

realize nj2 said this earlier

Yeah it's a torch at the 850 and surface level, esp east of the Blue Ridge. Probably more amped than the GGEM