• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
One-3" of rain expected NYC sub forum 1P Wed-1P Thu 12/29/23 and may result in minor small stream flooding Thursday, especially Northern NJ near NYC. Isolated 4" possible.

wdrag

here in the lehigh Valley- have 2.5 inches in my gauge thus far-- flooding getting bad. ABE will destroy its all time record for total precip for the month of  December tonight. Thats a huge headline. 9 inches is closing in for total rainfall for the month with much more at my house . I am hitting around 11 inches thus far at my house where the fire hose keeps coming at us

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

here in the lehigh Valley- have 2.5 inches in my gauge thus far-- flooding getting bad. ABE will destroy its all time record for total precip for the month of  December tonight. Thats a huge headline. 9 inches is closing in for total rainfall for the month with much more at my house . I am hitting around 11 inches thus far at my house where the fire hose keeps coming at us

ABE has already broken its old monthly record of 7.89” from 1973.

• Thanks 1

NYC CP at least 1.36.  I'm anticipating another 0.2-0.6 for the entire NYC subforum between 7AM today and 7PM Friday. SFC trough west from the ocean low and upper air low pressure to our south are the causative factors.

Plenty of minor stream flooding I95 corridor in NJ and heaviest moderate flooding in eastern PA, especially w of PHL.  

Modeling: EC and CMC seemed best to me when this thread started. GFS woeful... just no clue.  In the shorter range... you can choose.. I think the HRRR/RGEM had best idea of 3" plus numbers (presuming that occurred nw NJ/e PA)... but high res short range location while west of the woeful GFS, varied back and forth from e PA into NJ.  SPC HREF was too far east overall.

This is not done... biggest occurred but aggravating additional amounts will prolong minor flooding episodes in NNJ/se NYS/CT into Friday--no evaporation.

A map of amounts will post around 9A.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Albedoman said:

firehouse? this is more like a waterfall!

23 minutes ago, wdrag said:

NYC CP at least 1.47 as of 7AM.  I'm anticipating another 0.2-0.6 for the entire NYC subforum between 7AM today and 7PM Friday. SFC trough west from the ocean low and upper air low pressure to our south are the causative factors.

Plenty of minor stream flooding I95 corridor in NJ and heaviest moderate flooding in eastern PA, especially w of PHL.  

Modeling: EC and CMC seemed best to me when this thread started. GFS woeful... just no clue.  In the shorter range... you can choose.. I think the HRRR/RGEM had best idea of 3" plus numbers (presuming that occurred nw NJ/e PA)... but high res short range location while west of the woeful GFS, varied back and forth from e PA into NJ.  SPC HREF was too far east overall.

This is not done... biggest occurred but aggravating additional amounts will prolong minor flooding episodes in NNJ/se NYS/CT into Friday--no evaporation.

A map of amounts will post around 9A.

Updated CP rainfall to 1.47" as of 7AM

• Like 1

Didn’t see anything about wind in the forecast and we got gusts around 40mph earlier and we’re pushing 30-35 now. Garbage day around here, there’s shit all over my street. I guess NWS doesn’t think 40mph gusts should be noted in the forecast or this was just not expected? Oh yeah, still pissing rain. Lots of big, cold, drops. 

2.70” and counting, December, which was only slightly ahead of July, is now the wettest month of this year. All rain.

1. December: 10.60”

2. September: 8.40”

3. July: 7.80”

Year: 60.70”

This month is probably the first to breach the 10” mark for my PWS, and this is easily the wettest year on record, very feast or famine though with a few months being bone dry with less than 2”.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cfa said:

2.70” and counting, December, which was only slightly ahead of July, is now the wettest month of this year. All rain.

1. December: 10.60”

2. September: 8.40”

3. July: 7.80”

Year: 60.70”

This month is probably the first to breach the 10” mark for my PWS, and this is easily the wettest year on record, very feast or famine though with a few months being bone dry with less than 2”.

10 inches of rain and no measurable snow haha