Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’m not saying it can’t come back to something decent but it looks like we will waste another high end potential pattern with a low impact event. That’s the tougher pill to take. It’s not just a missed opportunity but a missed high end one. 

Yeah, it’s not looking good. Gfs and Canadian took a step back, and we lost the Navy. We couldn’t really afford that for a big solution. Im going to give it a few more days just in case it comes back, but if we don’t get at least a decent event by then I am out on this winter (if you can even call it that, it’s basically been November the past 2 and a half months).

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

A larger event is on life support. Gonna need a move today. 

Lot of emphasis was placed on this period producing, We’re starting to get into some bad territory for salvaging a decent avg winter, Not saying it can’t be done, But it looks like we are heading into another warmup which will now take us into February to produce.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, kdxken said:

At least it's going to be cold for a week. Don't see above freezing much until this time next week. Might finally get to go ice fishing.

I’m just happy there’s no rain. 20s and sun will be great. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

You get 1.3” instead of 1.2”. Fire up the snow blower.

I'm talking big picture 

To be fair, this hasn’t looked good in days, so this shouldn’t really be a surprise to those who have been realistic.

Im sure wolfie will be in shortly to tell everyone it’s still 5 days away and anything can happen, off hour runs, etc etc etc 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Also hit 9.7F. Low for the month and maybe the season for me?

actually it was colder last week. 8.6

This weekend we probably get a brief modified shot of that cold west of us. Maybe teens for highs Saturday? I’m expecting my first single digies then. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

To be fair, this hasn’t looked good in days, so this shouldn’t really be a surprise to those who have been realistic.

Im sure wolfie will be in shortly to tell everyone it’s still 5 days away and anything can happen, off hour runs, etc etc etc 

Many times things don’t look good for days, but you look at the big picture first. That happens a lot. 

In this case, this thing appears to get the boot and I don’t see any improvements in that so far. We’ll see what today brings, but it’s getting late.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Many times things don’t look good for days, but you look at the big picture first. That happens a lot. 

In this case, this thing appears to get the boot and I don’t see any improvements in that so far. We’ll see what today brings, but it’s getting late.

It's a pattern changing event . There should be a storm. 

8 hours ago, George001 said:

Yeah, it’s not looking good. Gfs and Canadian took a step back, and we lost the Navy. We couldn’t really afford that for a big solution. Im going to give it a few more days just in case it comes back, but if we don’t get at least a decent event by then I am out on this winter (if you can even call it that, it’s basically been November the past 2 and a half months).

Yea. We can tick this back to norlun type snows for sure. Too early to rule out a complete whiff. We’ll need to stop the bleeding over the next 24hrs though. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

This weekend we probably get a brief modified shot of that cold west of us. Maybe teens for highs Saturday? I’m expecting my first single digies then. 

Good reason why i'm not all that interested in this one as it will get suppressed to the south with that cold air moving overhead if it even develops close enough which i am totally skeptical on that.

Still on track for a sizable warmup next week.  The only issue is how far above normal.  The good news appears to be the relatively short duration of warmth (3-5 days).  Also. I’m wary of the cold in eastern Canada either truncating the warmth or poking in some cold in the middle of it.

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Still on track for a sizable warmup next week.  The only issue is how far above normal.  The good news appears to be the relatively short duration of warmth (3-5 days).  Also. I’m wary of the cold in eastern Canada either truncating the warmth or poking in some cold in the middle of it.

I'd take 5 days of warmth. Get the golf courses open again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1