Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

3 minutes ago, George001 said:

Having a different way of grading how good a pattern is makes me dumb? All this talk about the pattern is just dancing around what the real problem is, which is CC. It’s not just bad luck, you even said it yourself. You are the guy who’s always talking about the speed of the flow being a limiting factor, and the role CC plays in it. So patterns that worked in the past no longer work. I’m probably oversimplifying things, but that’s what I got out of your posts. 

Hahaha

best ball bust post ever 

16 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

both are commonly found in the commoner ilk of intellectual limitations: they don't do as well with nuanced thinking,

19 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

What George appears to be demonstrating in his responses is quite common among the plebeian perspectives over ...pretty much anything in reality.

They stop their analysis at whatever is downloaded through their god -given USB ports: sight, sound, hearing, touch or taste. 

It may be an aptitude thing?  It may be an emotional thing clouding judgement...?  But either way, both are commonly found in the commoner ilk of intellectual limitations: they don't do as well with nuanced thinking, particularly if it has to process observed information that they don't even really understand the origin of in the first place.  

So, ...in essence, you're engaged in an non-influence-able discussion with someone incapable of 'getting it'. 

Abd the winner of 2024's most condescending post award....Typhoon Tip!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Scott never thought this year had  a very good look inside day 10 except for maybe the one week period now we are in middle of . 

Yeah, he’s pretty much nailed it to this point. I’m also not sure I’d call a 5-10 day window a “pattern change”, more like a transient favorable period. And of course, without fail, and predictably, we managed to get the most mundane outcome out of said period.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah, he’s pretty much nailed it to this point. I’m also not sure I’d call a 5-10 day window a “pattern change”, more like a transient favorable period. And of course, without fail, and predictably, we managed to get the most mundane outcome out of said period.

Could have been worse . You got 6” in a couple hours in tail end of one system and you had good rates before the mid level warming moved in on the last system . Real bad luck would have resulted in less .

It’s been too mild most of the winter for SE mass and Cape with the lone exception of last few days lol

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Hahaha

best ball bust post ever 

I’m gonna say it, you are an insufferable asshat. I have a serious problem with your attitude, real internet tough guy over here talking talking about my “intellect limitations”. Why don’t you say it to my fucking face huh? Let’s settle this once and for all like they did in the old days. I challenge you to a duel, I’ll DM you the address and let’s find a time to meet up that works best for both of our schedules. 

• Haha 15
  • Weenie 2

46 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

@powderfreak Does Mansfield keep the snow data somewhere? BTV just has depth.

No it’s just depth now.  They used to have an observer but that stopped over a decade ago now.  Now it’s just us at the ski area measuring at 3,000ft.

Another 6” last night.

IMG_3555.jpeg.004ba0eb25d93d899545cc8374ba5ce9.jpeg

Absolutely incredibly deep powder out there from 50” in the past like 10 days.  Snorkeling now.

2L8A0440.jpeg.16a590e5af34c31295506a7e93585086.jpeg
2L8A0397.jpeg.ff85f731c54a819a95b513167f69b6cb.jpeg

2L8A0404.jpeg.8cd68959fa022bd6bb2b1bbe6babe009.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

What George appears to be demonstrating in his responses is quite common among the plebeian perspectives over ...pretty much anything in reality.

They stop their analysis at whatever is downloaded through their god -given USB ports: sight, sound, hearing, touch or taste. 

It may be an aptitude thing?  It may be an emotional thing clouding judgement...?  But either way, both are commonly found in the commoner ilk of intellectual limitations: they don't do as well with nuanced thinking, particularly if it has to process observed information that they don't even really understand the origin of in the first place.  

So, ...in essence, you're engaged in an non-influence-able discussion with someone incapable of 'getting it'. 

I could offer up some dialectical behavioral therapy sessions for several not so small fees.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Allsnow said:

Want happened to the +pna with -epo looks we had to start February last week? It has morphed into a torch ugly 

The GEFS seems to truly have no idea whats gonna happen at the moment, its current run is basically a 180 of the previous 3-4 runs past 300 hours and even those were bad patterns.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Allsnow said:

Want happened to the +pna with -epo looks we had to start February last week? It has morphed into a torch ugly 

+EAMT led to too much momentum in the jet. we will have to wait until the jet retracts, which it will. those momentum bursts don't last for very long

they're great in Ninas where we need the jet to extend, but it's too much of a good thing here

• Weenie 1

10 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’ve had gas last longer than 5-10 days. Nothing a match or two couldn’t fix. 

Let’s see if we can score a point or two with the clock running out in a less than favorable look. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brooklynwx99 said:

+EAMT led to too much momentum in the jet. we will have to wait until the jet retracts, which it will. those momentum bursts don't last for very long

they're great in Ninas where we need the jet to extend, but it's too much of a good thing here

Back to extrapolating day 15 ens runs doesn’t exactly give me confidence while we enter February 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Back to extrapolating day 15 ens runs doesn’t exactly give me confidence while we enter February 

it's the same evolution that led to this current pattern, but in better climo and with shorter wavelengths. it's annoying for sure, but I don't see it ending winter or anything like that

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

No it’s just depth now.  They used to have an observer but that stopped over a decade ago now.  Now it’s just us at the ski area measuring at 3,000ft.

Another 6” last night.

IMG_3555.jpeg.004ba0eb25d93d899545cc8374ba5ce9.jpeg

Absolutely incredibly deep powder out there from 50” in the past like 10 days.  Snorkeling now.

2L8A0440.jpeg.16a590e5af34c31295506a7e93585086.jpeg
2L8A0397.jpeg.ff85f731c54a819a95b513167f69b6cb.jpeg

2L8A0404.jpeg.8cd68959fa022bd6bb2b1bbe6babe009.jpeg

Did you guys get powder from those two storms that were rain down here?
That looks good lol.

18 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I could offer up some dialectical behavioral therapy sessions for several not so small fees.

Idk if you are being serious or not, but I looked into it a bit and I actually think dialectical behavioral therapy would significantly improve my quality of life. The not so small fees are gonna be a pain in the ass, but unlike the Red Sox, I’m willing to spend money. I think I’m going to take you up on this.

7 minutes ago, George001 said:

Idk if you are being serious or not, but I looked into it a bit and I actually think dialectical behavioral therapy would significantly improve my quality of life. The not so small fees are gonna be a pain in the ass, but unlike the Red Sox, I’m willing to spend money. I think I’m going to take you up on this.

What insurance you have?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

George, everyone's frustrated. We're all on this forum for the same reasons, well the majority of us lol. Having sustained cold and sustained snow......that's not the reality of our winters. More often than not, the winters are not a sustained cold snowy winter. Snow and cold and then there's going to be periods of milder temperatures with rain. Does it suck that this year is somewhat following last year, yes. But it is better than last year already.

The issue I have with your responses is that you're very upset that we're not getting the snowy pattern and instead of being constructive with others, you're being kind of snappy. Take a chill pill. I'm assuming you're younger than most of us just by your posts. Trust me, there'll be a good winter and it'll take care of all of your ill feelings and all will be forgotten. Also, we're not done with this winter. We do have all of February and even March. The fact that we had one of our biggest blizzards in the history of any storms in March just shows you that it's not over. And as far as what the models are showing now, you know You know better than that. Than to just take what they're saying today and run with it. They're going to flip flop. They're probably not going to be the one extreme or the other extreme they're going to be in the middle. Give it time young man. And treat others with respect when you talk to them. If they're giving you respectful answers, you should be giving them some respect back. But that comes with growing up. I'm sure you'll get there.

Now carry on

Advice, lol. You must be a tri-stater.