Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

32 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

This is what my car looked like after the blizzard of 78, could just see the top.

newfoundland blizzard cars buried in snow

Yup, I was 15 Years old then, last time I can remember just mounds was the last week of Jan.15 into most of Feb. 15, lived in snow removal  equipment. Thanks for the Picture!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I know we’re all jaded, but that 18z GFS run was pure winter for SNE north. Snowy overrunning system Wed. More snow Friday. Another pulse late weekend/Mon. Then the Arctic hounds are unleashed. I don’t know how the GEFS look…but that was a nice OP run. 

Ops will op. The key will be to keep this look and not see a trend north. Ensembles are all over 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Ops will op. The key will be to keep this look and not see a trend north. Ensembles are all over 

Agree. I’d feel better from Dendrite land on north.  We will see how this shakes out. Eventually things will need to break in our favor to balance out. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I know we’re all jaded, but that 18z GFS run was pure winter for SNE north. Snowy overrunning system Wed. More snow Friday. Another pulse late weekend/Mon. Then the Arctic hounds are unleashed. I don’t know how the GEFS look…but that was a nice OP run. 

Not a good run south of the Pike imo

16 minutes ago, Prismshine Productions said:

Gonna be in Dallas for my honeymoon the 1st-4th, hoping the good stuff waits until me and my wife get back on the 5th or comes before we leave.

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

Congratulations. You weren’t going there hoping to see NFC Championship football were you?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, H2Otown_WX said:

Not a good run south of the Pike imo

Of course it isn't. Snow washed away after flips is awful. Swfe is a dirty word in these dirty southern parts.

Tomorrow has trended from almost nothing to completely nothing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 512high said:

Yup, I was 15 Years old then, last time I can remember just mounds was the last week of Jan.15 into most of Feb. 15, lived in snow removal  equipment. Thanks for the Picture!

Those cars look way to new for 78 vehicles for sure. Unless he was just saying how it looked then?  And not an actual photo of 78. 

• Like 3

Photos from a friend… but measured another 6” at 3,000ft in the past 24 hours.

The mountain has just been fluffing out the remaining moisture from the Ontario band recently.

43” has been measured over 9 days at 3,000ft, with more above that at 3,500-4,000ft.

IMG_7710.thumb.jpeg.4a51d525174ade0f8d71200bbfbd9d68.jpeg

IMG_7711.thumb.jpeg.ae77899052e932715ac2a2ad284b04bc.jpeg

Band is aimed back at the mountain after a north drift late this afternoon.

IMG_7712.jpeg.a5224b1d83de60ad5792dab844a4a37d.jpeg

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The mountain has just been fluffing out the remaining moisture from the Ontario band recently.

43” has been measured over 9 days at 3,000ft, with more above that at 3,500-4,000ft.

Good to see your mojo back. Keeping the southern New englanders breathing heavily.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Good to see your mojo back. Keeping the southern New englanders breathing heavily.

Not sure we ever lost it completely (the thaw was bad though), but it just feels more like January recently.  Has been an odd but exciting winter to be honest.

Several wet paste jobs, some true fluffers, some record floods and melts.  No shortage of exciting weather… the long boring stretches have been absent.

Theres been steady snow cover in parts of NNE that has likely influenced the overall tenor of the winter.  Its not great, but not terrible either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Whoever located the BTV radar in a pit in the bottom of a valley should be sent to prison. (I know, mountains, but it's always frustrating to sort of have to guess what's going on in Vermont.)

14 minutes ago, ariof said:

Whoever located the BTV radar in a pit in the bottom of a valley should be sent to prison. (I know, mountains, but it's always frustrating to sort of have to guess what's going on in Vermont.)

They should put one at MPV. That would cover the entire eastern side of the state nicely. 

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Nice retrograding Aleutian low towards month end with a popping pna. Hopefully we keep that pac driven look as we kick off feb and keep it around. A look we haven’t been able to sustain in years. 

The Op GFS was classic 97-98 after like 180 hours...not a terrible pattern but just simply too warm...the SE US would probably average near to slightly below in that pattern but up here would be 3-5 above