• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023 General Discussion

michsnowfreak

Flurries and snow showers all day but they melted as fell here. Some heavier squalls dropped anywhere from a coating to a half inch though nearby. Have a bit of snow dust in the cracks now at night, but not enough to call it a tenth. Some northern suburbs had 1 to 2 inches, with 2.2" in White Lake. Flint had 1.5", DTW 0.1"

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

Flurries and snow showers all day but they melted as fell here. Some heavier squalls dropped anywhere from a coating to a half inch though nearby. Have a bit of snow dust in the cracks now at night, but not enough to call it a tenth. Some northern suburbs had 1 to 2 inches, with 2.2" in White Lake. Flint had 1.5", DTW 0.1"

I'd say 0.3-0.4" here in Canton for the day. Expected only mood flakes, so over-performed. 

• Like 1

Mini blast of winter was nice.  Snowed 5.5 inches here with the temp hovering around 22 all day.  Gusty winds certainly made it feel much colder especially considering the very mild start to winter.  10 or so miles west of here saw upwards of 7-8 inches and an area just se of Marquette received 6-7 inches.  The fresh snow made for a chilly morning.  Woke up at 5 am to 6 degrees and a cold house.  White Christmas still uncertain.

Big bust for the Northern Indiana WFO

• Like 2

2 hours ago, weatherbo said:

Mini blast of winter was nice.  Snowed 5.5 inches here with the temp hovering around 22 all day.  Gusty winds certainly made it feel much colder especially considering the very mild start to winter.  10 or so miles west of here saw upwards of 7-8 inches and an area just se of Marquette received 6-7 inches.  The fresh snow made for a chilly morning.  Woke up at 5 am to 6 degrees and a cold house.  White Christmas still uncertain.

Big bust for the Northern Indiana WFO

Huge bust in Northern Indiana.  The highest I saw was around 2".  Just west of Kalamazoo they had about 7".  Not quite 2" at my place which was more than I expected.

12 hours ago, Chicago Storm said:

There were some snow showers/squalls that moved through the area yesterday morning/afternoon, associated with the ULL/cold front that swept through the region.

The snow didn't amount to anything more than a trace at ORD, but some other areas picked up a few tenths of accumulation.

amazing how many people complained about the cold. On what many would consider a normal cold, windy, day in December. We've gotten soft and spoiled. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

20 minutes ago, Baum said:

amazing how many people complained about the cold. On what many would consider a normal cold, windy, day in December. We've gotten soft and spoiled. 

I think a lot has to do with it being pretty sunny and mild recently.  Cold feeling can be relative.  Temps in the 30s right now walking the dog and I am pretty darn bundled up.  Yet after several days in the teens and then walk the dog in the 30s and I lightly bundled up.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Spartman said:

An awful stretch coming up over the next week
image.png.bcbc63e3a4cc941ed78b906d5ff2c1f0.png

Really??!! Upper 40's-upper 50's in late December? If December is going to be the new November, I'll take those temps in a heartbeat. And it's not like it's going to be a complete washout. Just occasional showers. Beats the hell out of CAD.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IWXwx said:

Really??!! Upper 40's-upper 50's in late December? If December is going to be the new November, I'll take those temps in a heartbeat. And it's not like it's going to be a complete washout. Just occasional showers. Beats the hell out of CAD.

The gloomy skies and stratiform rains is the awful part I see (granted, this is normal climo for yalls' neck of the woods), not so much the temps or duration of precip.