• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023 General Discussion

michsnowfreak

The 10 days before Christmas look cold with plenty of LES, and C/S Lakes storm potential. I think the odds for a white Christmas look better for many areas in our southern areas. Was looking a little closer at my modelling method. I have said the 2nd half of Dec looks seasonable to colder, and am sticking to it. 1st half has the opposite feel, and looks to be on track, as mentioned before.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Brian D said:

The 10 days before Christmas look cold with plenty of LES, and C/S Lakes storm potential. I think the odds for a white Christmas look better for many areas in our southern areas. Was looking a little closer at my modelling method. I have said the 2nd half of Dec looks seasonable to colder, and am sticking to it. 1st half has the opposite feel, and looks to be on track, as mentioned before.

Sounds good to me. For an area that statistically has around a 50/50 shot at a White Christmas, we have had quite a few postcard worthy, perfectly timed December 24-25 snowfalls here in recent years (2017, 2020, 2022).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RogueWaves said:

First real snow threat wasn't until 12/23 last winter over here. Followed by another month of boring crap. 

Exactly. And even that felt shockingly early to me. Usually the first real medium/long range threat with some real balls takes forever to even be hinted at.

• Like 1