• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Panic Room - Winter 23/24 Edition

mappy

I feel like I'm also becoming addicted to digital blue. I use to smoke a joint, and go for a hike, or work in my gardens. Now smoking a joint isn't enough. I smoke, than soon after I'm here on the board looking for a hit of digital blue. I use to get home from work and enjoy a bong hit. Now I only care about digital blue. Does anyone have any maps? I've got cash.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

9 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

LOL. And look how calmly those Sapporoans walk and drive in the snow. ON snow-covered roads and sidewalks. If that were here, bitches would be all up, canceling school and closing gov't offices, and all OTHER kinds of shit....  :D 

No road salt. They just deal with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RevWarReenactor said:

I am also worried that this has the chance of being a one sided "mafia" bet. If I lose, I pay you, if I win. I don't get paid.

Always a risk with strangers online lol. I'm good for it, though(for whatever those words are worth). We could go something on the smaller end, like $10 or $20 if we want to play it safe. 

Let me ask first, do you have something like Venmo to make it easy once this is all settled? 

39 minutes ago, Steve25 said:

Always a risk with strangers online lol. I'm good for it, though(for whatever those words are worth). We could go something on the smaller end, like $10 or $20 if we want to play it safe. 

Let me ask first, do you have something like Venmo to make it easy once this is all settled? 

How about if you don't pay then your account gets banned or something as collateral? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

This pattern change feels like it’s been 15 days away for 3 weeks… even if it hasn’t been

People initially talked about a "quick" warm up before pattern changing back to ideal. So far we are in week two of warm and looking at least part of next week as well. Sure its not torchy, but its above normal, which sucks for people like me who like to ski. Even out at Wisp, 3000', 66" of natural snow this season, we are looking at muddy bare ground. Thank goodness they were able to make a ton of snow during the 10ish days that felt like winter, but they haven't been able to make snow for two weeks. 

Mashed potato snow is a good leg workout, but I'm used to seeing it at the end of March, not end of January.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Alfoman said:

Can't wait for us to track the end of February period and get a big storm on the models...only for most of us to miss it to the south or north after all the anticipation :lol:

FRINGEEEEEEEEEDDDDD

There will be misses to the south and north,  then one final kick to the nutz with a miss to the east, complete with Cape posting pics and obs from his chase to the beach, right before we hit our first March 80F heatwave.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

There will be misses to the south and north,  then one final kick to the nutz with a miss to the east, complete with Cape posting pics and obs from his chase to the beach, right before we hit our first March 80F heatwave.

I am coming to our VA home for a week end the month and first weekend in March.  I have requested a HECS during my visit. 

Pretty normal snow pack here in the cascades. This was mid mountain snow stake on 1/26 It settled back to 109" as of today but looks like thick solid base for the March through May ski season. 

IMG_3197 (1).jpeg

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Steve25 said:

Sounds good. Lets do $20. I don't have venmo but have paypal.

Checking the latest GFS, I continue to be in good shape for my call of no snow Pre 15th and nothing to track after. I believe it will hold up well. I still think I-95 from DC to Phillyshuts the rest of the winter out, minus a dusting-1 inch possibility here or there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RevWarReenactor said:

Checking the latest GFS, I continue to be in good shape for my call of no snow Pre 15th and nothing to track after. I believe it will hold up well. I still think I-95 from DC to Phillyshuts the rest of the winter out, minus a dusting-1 inch possibility here or there.

*Virtual hand shake* 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, snownut said:

I am coming to our VA home for a week end the month and first weekend in March.  I have requested a HECS during my visit. 

Pretty normal snow pack here in the cascades. This was mid mountain snow stake on 1/26 It settled back to 109" as of today but looks like thick solid base for the March through May ski season. 

IMG_3197 (1).jpeg

Prepare yourself for partly cloudy and 48F.

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

On 2/1/2024 at 4:06 PM, CAPE said:

These poor folks. They never look at models hoping to see digital blue. They can't wait until late March when it starts to rain.

Spent the winter of 20-21 in Aomori and 21-22/22-23 in Otaru.  Otaru is a bedroom community of Sapporo but gets even more snow, thanks to its coastal location.  Never once checked models.  It snowed almost continuously from mid Dec to March.  I grew up in Baltimore, then gradually traded up my snow climo, to NYC, then Montana, then Aomori, and finally Otaru.  Otaru was probably the pinnacle.  Well, there are a few small towns between Sapporo and Asahikawa that get more, like Iwamizawa and Bibai.

I once again live in a ski resort town in Montana, and the climate here is way, way worse.  This is a mental illness... lol.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, RevWarReenactor said:

Reverse psychology with money on the line is impressive.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, RevWarReenactor said:

I feel a subtle can kick happening in LR thread. Suddenly these maps posted arent showing Feb 14th. Now they have Feb 20th dates on them. Huh.

The snowy and cold period is always 2 weeks away! Rinse and repeat. Until we start tracking spring.

Always at 384hr

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RevWarReenactor said:

I feel a subtle can kick happening in LR thread. Suddenly these maps posted arent showing Feb 14th. Now they have Feb 20th dates on them. Huh.

The snowy and cold period is always 2 weeks away! Rinse and repeat. Until we start tracking spring.

There is no can-kick. What's mid February? Er...the 15th? Lol If I were you I'd follow what the most knowledgeable poster like CAPE & PSU , Brooklynwx are saying...(and you KNOW PSU would say something if things weren't looking as great, lol). But all of them have been saying...PATIENCE. Most of the tastiest maps have been dated around PD weekend at the earliest. There's also been discussion about the 20-23rd. That is a long ways away...so any "can kick" as of now is more a result of impatient perception than reality. 

Have you tried taking a day off of this board?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic