Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Panic Room - Winter 23/24 Edition

mappy

13 hours ago, WVsnowlover said:

So basically we're the new Richmond (not counting the past few years where they've actually done decent).

Uh, not sure what past few years your are talking about.  Our >1 streak is still in tact and now over two years.

56 minutes ago, RevWarReenactor said:

PSU a week ago: OMG I couldn't draw a better pattern if you asked me too.

PSU today: Well we torch the next two weeks, but then......just you wait.

How many times do we have to see this story before we know the ending?

I'll be enjoying my 8" of snow over the past 5 days and then I'll get back to you

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I'll be enjoying my 8" of snow over the past 5 days and then I'll get back to you

Yeah- to be fair, this storm is a waste for me. I wish it wasn't happening. I can't get any enjoyment out of it due to certain circumstances. I curse the timing of it so bad. Thats a personal problem. SO I am already passed it. 

But the Tuesday one was nice.

• Like 1

The double whammy of ‘87 left NOVA with 20 inches. At best these two events will be around 6 or 7. I’m getting more worried that our super February May not materialize.

Based on delays this season Feb 14- Feb 40 may be that window
  • Like 1
  • Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, IronTy said:

Well this winter has sucked ass for SoMD so far. Greatest pattern since the stone age and I have maybe three slushy inches to show for it.  Bring on spring and moth season.  My mandevilla vine is growing gangbusters in my south facing window so there's that at least.  

SoMD is the new Richmond, it takes a million things to go right to snow here now, and even then, you can just expect your pity inch. January 2022 was probably the last big event we see in our lifetime. If you subtract that month out it's basically been a near-shutout in every event here since 2019. We're supposed to average 19" of snow but I haven't reached that since 2016.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

SoMD is the new Richmond, it takes a million things to go right to snow here now, and even then, you can just expect your pity inch. January 2022 was probably the last big event we see in our lifetime. If you subtract that month out it's basically been a near-shutout in every event here since 2019. We're supposed to average 19" of snow but I haven't reached that since 2016.

Yeah it's always been dicey with snow down here but up until around 2020 we generally muddled our way to average at least.  The last five years have been a waste, I'd just assume have warm winters at this point.  

3 hours ago, RevWarReenactor said:

So again we literally go from greatest pattern ever couldn’t draw it better to shut the blinds.

shows how fickle and pointless lr tracking is. But we all know shut the blinds verifies. 

I identified a threat to track 10 days out in a 'shit the blinds' pattern in late Dec of 21 and it ended up a great snow event for much of our sub forum. See? not pointless, and sometimes advertised 'shit the blinds' patterns(subjective) at range don't always turn out that way. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I identified a threat to track 10 days out in a 'shit the blinds' pattern in late Dec of 21 and it ended up a great snow event for much of our sub forum. See? not pointless, and sometimes advertised 'shit the blinds' patterns(subjective) at range don't always turn out that way. 

Psu just literally went from best pattern ever to shut the blinds in the course of a week. That to me just shows how pointless LR tracking truly is. 

Sure- you might have spotted a storm. But isn't that broken clock right twice a day? How many LR storms become non events, I'd say a good 95%?

• Haha 1

And sometimes those mint patterns produce jack

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Not getting a 1-2 footer this winter would absolutely suck. Heck, maybe that would mean they can't happen anymore, who knows? But either way, we're staring down at least 2 ninas (or three since they LOVE to triple dip in this "base state"), and even after that...who knows? So I viewed this winter as possibly the last chance of getting one for some time...

I'm not even gonna waste my time if/when la nina comes back next year. It is not worth it...you get piddlings on the front end and torch by February, noreasters dry slot you and develop too late...not tracking that bull. My time will be better spent on other things.

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

On 1/19/2024 at 7:47 PM, RevWarReenactor said:

Psu just literally went from best pattern ever to shut the blinds in the course of a week. That to me just shows how pointless LR tracking truly is. 

Sure- you might have spotted a storm. But isn't that broken clock right twice a day? How many LR storms become non events, I'd say a good 95%?

See you next long range model run.

7 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Come to the bridge friends. 

?uuid=506FC174-90E1-4743-92E3-D225DD3F5151&type=primary&q=72&width=1024

Winter is over, its never gonna snow again, the board should be put to sleep for its own good, models are trash, the mets are totally useless and should be turned out in the middle of my favorite place, the Sahara Desert, I hate snow, bring on frackin summer with highs in the 110s tomm, and I cancel winter a billion times because the dumb reeper has retired for good. The sob has actually kicked the bucket, even as we kick the can for 75437976543 years. The reeper tripped over a thighbone and smashed into his stove and his boney body shattered into a billion shards! Winter cancel forever. We have 986 trillion brand new snow futility markers! How's THAT for a winter lamentation? You know it's BAD when no one posts in the model disco topic all frackin' night long and I am getting severely, even terminally depressed from not getting my model discussion fix overnight. I can't live without it and I know for a fact, that there is nothing on earth or in life, that is more important, than getting my model discussion fix, even if all we are doing, is tracking a Nino and pac jet inspired SERIES of ULTIMATE perfect track rainstorms that will transform the Mid Atlantic, into a Waterworld. I want to read the model disco, even though I know that winter is definitely over. This relaxation and "reload", is nothing more, than the actual start of Spring in our part of the Northern Hemisphere.

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic