Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

19 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Wow. Where does +6.7 at ORH rank for warmest December on record? 

crazy, orh is not forecasted to be below frz until Sunday morning and it will only be 30 

Think it would rank 3rd or 4th warmest on record. In reality it’s prob closer to 8th since the ASOS is about 1.5-2F biased warm since 2020. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Just did the same.   Felt like spring.

it's felt like spring since well... spring, give or take a few hot summer days where I actually got above 90, and a few cold ones in the last couple months... granted I was in soflo and PHX for the middle of the summer, but the hottest it got was the week before labor day, then we went to Mizzou and it was scorching, then back to Florida for the most humid month I ever saw, but that is Florida... it'll change eventually here..

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Ya GFS has 1.65 QPF thru sat am. Enjoy , green up the grass for NYE

My neighbor across the street mowed on the 23rd and said he actually had green grass clippings in the bagger . Never ever did I expect or think folks would be mowing in New England in late December. Typically there’s snow OTG

https://x.com/ericfisher/status/1740027166790684915?s=46&t=dhcbvkjmRcyBVQtDxJ3lRg

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

My neighbor across the street mowed on the 23rd and said he actually had green grass clippings in the bagger . Never ever did I expect or think folks would be mowing in New England in late December. Typically there’s snow OTG

https://x.com/ericfisher/status/1740027166790684915?s=46&t=dhcbvkjmRcyBVQtDxJ3lRg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It's happened before, my neighbor planted new grass and it was still growing near Christmas on year.

4 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

BOS +4.3

MQE +4.5

ORH +6.7* 

BDL +5.3

PVD +3.4*

*denotes bad/unreliable temp data

So around +4 to +5. I was a degree or two on the cold side, mainly due to the extent of the black hole over AK....but take notice that I did have 2006 and 2015 double weighted in my forecast composite. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Think it would rank 3rd or 4th warmest on record. In reality it’s prob closer to 8th since the ASOS is about 1.5-2F biased warm since 2020. 

Does NWS do reanalysis on those when they know the thermometers broken ?

That’s so egregious and it’s been going on so long I mean how many of these fucking sites do they have like this where they’re sinking around and letting them go; when is it going to affect the 30 year climate totals ? I mean Jesus Christ

1 hour ago, MBRI said:

Mowed 12-25-2023 

IMG_8836(1).jpg

That's what my SIL's yard looks like in Portsmouth, RI where I was for Christmas. Her lawn is still growing. I actually enjoyed a cocktail in the sun in the upper 50's. It looked and felt like an early April Easter. That, combined with the recent deluge up north got me thinking how this winter has been a total freaking disaster, especially with nothing to track on the horizon. Sunsets are later, days are getting longer. The freaking ground up at my cabin is not only bare, but not even frozen.

Sorry, had to get it out before I took it out on my dog.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

40 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

So around +4 to +5. I was a degree or two on the cold side, mainly due to the extent of the black hole over AK....but take notice that I did have 2006 and 2015 double weighted in my forecast composite. 

We’re not done yet either…couple more big torch days to go. +17 for CON today…+21 on the min.

• Like 3