• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Discobs 2023

George BM

Virginia Department of Environmental Quality has issued a Code Red Air Quality Action Day for Fine Particulates for Augusta, Clarke, Frederick, Nelson, Page, Rockingham, Shenandoah, and Warren Counties until midnight EST tonight. Code Orange to Code Red air quality is also forecast over Berkeley, Jefferson, and Morgan Counties in West Virginia. An Air Quality Action Day means that Fine Particulate concentrations within the region may approach or exceed unhealthy standards. For additional information, please visit the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality at: www.deq.virginia.govalertCTAsDict

* AFFECTED AREAS: AUGUSTA ... ROCKINGHAM ... SHENANDOAH ... FREDERICK ... PAGE ... WARREN ... CLARKE ... NELSON ... NORTHERN VIRGINIA BLUE RIDGE ... CENTRAL VIRGINIA BLUE RIDGE ... MORGAN ... BERKELEY ... JEFFERSON

Not sure where the fire is, but it has to be close. Started smelling smoke about 3 hours ago, and now visibility is under a mile. Traffic cam about 2 miles away on VA511 in Low Moor I 64 Exit 21

EDIT- nope, looks like the smoke from fire on the Blue Ridge Parkway has found its way here. Lexington looks just as bad on traffic cams. 

Virginia 511 Web (511virginia.org)

On 11/17/2023 at 7:51 AM, wxdude64 said:

In all seriousness I have spent last two days trying to rake and haul off as much of them as I can! 

You need a Cyclone Rake!  Mine makes short work of leaves and holds 44 bushels before you have to dump. Price is reasonable for the work they do.  Several sizes ranging from $1500 - $2000.

1 hour ago, stormy said:

You need a Cyclone Rake!  Mine makes short work of leaves and holds 44 bushels before you have to dump. Price is reasonable for the work they do.  Several sizes ranging from $1500 - $2000.

LOL, I can barely use the rider on 75% of the yard, I'd likely flip one of those. Don't think I haven't thought about trying one though :) 

1 hour ago, George BM said:

I smelt smoke this morning while running.

Now breezy and 55/40 at IAD.

No smoke here. Well.. never mind lol. That front sure did clear the humidity and moisture. Humidity dropping into the 40's here and wind is clearing the trees off finally. I got full sun on my greenhouse now that the trees are bare. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic