Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Discobs 2023

George BM

31 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

I got a whopping total of 0.07” for that system, which is also my monthly total. This is looking like a lock now for driest year since I moved to Prince Frederick a decade ago. Not a good sign for winter IMHO

But hang on though...didn't we have a drought in 2002? I remember looking at rainfall totals and the corresponding winters back in that rainy 2018 we had. Turns out the wettest years preceded less snowy winters, oddly enough.

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

High of 55 here. Currently 50. temps should drop quickly this evening with barely a breeze and a mostly clear sky. Could be a bit more in the way of clouds later. Might get near freezing here, but I doubt lower than that. Tomorrow night should be colder.

Currently 41 at 7pm

3 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

But hang on though...didn't we have a drought in 2002? I remember looking at rainfall totals and the corresponding winters back in that rainy 2018 we had. Turns out the wettest years preceded less snowy winters, oddly enough.

That post wasn't worded well, sorry. I meant it was a bad sign for the winter that I only have 0.07" so far this month, not because it's been a dry year. I remember looking at some of the region's least snowiest years and finding a pretty good correlation to dry Novembers that preceded.

Since you mentioned 2002: the November totals for DCA and BWI were 4.34" and 3.73" respectively, both above average.

Of course we may pick up in the second half of the month; but I'm concerned.

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

It's amazing how colder Westminster is compared to Reisterstown. Even colder is the Rt. 31 corridor to New Windsor and Union Bridge.

It always gets really cold back in my little valley behind my house. Sometimes there’s 3-5 degree difference between driving by the airport to my house 2/3 miles away. 

1 minute ago, TSSN+ said:

It always gets really cold back in my little valley behind my house. Sometimes there’s 3-5 degree difference between driving by the airport to my house 2/3 miles away. 

The airport is getting developed and they started planting corn in the field nearby so the Td in the summer is getting weirder.

4 hours ago, mattie g said:

Please don't keep doing this all winter (by the way, it's still early-fall, in case you haven't noticed).

sorry it bothers you that the regional climate is warming significantly.

low 50s for highs / mid-upper 30s for lows was a pretty typical mid winter day here for the past few years.  Also it's not "early" fall - meteo winter starts in like 2.5 weeks.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic