Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Yesvember or November?

Go Kart Mozart

7 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

I’ve never seen people spend so much time at something and still be so bad at it. Zero improvement. It’s sad. 

That’s typically the world’s way of telling you—“do something else”. Listen up.

Your forecast of No snow from the blizzard in Boston a few years ago.. 16 inches later . . That’s the day the board knew you weren’t a met. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Weenie 2

17 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

I’ve never seen people spend so much time at something and still be so bad at it. Zero improvement. It’s sad. 

That’s typically the world’s way of telling you—“do something else”. Listen up.

hmmm true...  For example, some who troll online forums ad nauseum haven't raised their game at all.  Rather than elevate skills to the art of barely detectable, subtle drive-bys that leave the reader questioning intent, they remain at the Captain Obvious rookie level.  Ya hate to see it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Low of 16.5 here this morning but the rain appears to be on it's way.

I've taken the liberty to add Great Bay to this image, not to scale of course, however it shows how this area clearly gets shafted in certain setups.  While it may not be a flaccid system in general, it'll be flaccid for sure near the coast.  

image.jpeg.f5cd7f7b0dbbb20e49b6a1c789e3698d.jpeg

• Haha 2

Does last night constitute as a hard freeze? I think so. Was walking the dog in the yard to use the bathroom around 5:45 AM this morning and the ground was super hard. It was also very peaceful. Starting up at the cloudless sky and seeing stars...haven't done something like that in quite some time. You can just look at the sky and know it's cold. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Looks like SLK got down to 3°.  Island Pond, VT hit -1°

3 or 4 at SLK…leaning 4. BML was 3 or 4.  CON 12 or 13. More hydro obs come in soon…

That -1 was impressive. You don’t usually see lows 5F colder than the ASOS rad pits unless it’s a site in Aroostook. 

7 hours ago, weathafella said:

Well it looks like we take a break for a spell beginning later in the first week of December probably into mid month and possibly beyond.  GEFS has Pacific air flooding the nation below the Canadian border.  By that time 40 for a high will feel ok so a few days of 45+ will feel even better.   Hopefully we'll revert wintry in time for the Holidays but that's not usually how it's been working of late.  Still this has a less ratter feel.  But that's weenie talk.

December will be mild, but I don't see being like a 2006, 2015 "turn out the lights, game over" type of anomaly....it should be a serviceable month.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Layman said:

Low of 16.5 here this morning but the rain appears to be on it's way.

I've taken the liberty to add Great Bay to this image, not to scale of course, however it shows how this area clearly gets shafted in certain setups.  While it may not be a flaccid system in general, it'll be flaccid for sure near the coast.  

image.jpeg.f5cd7f7b0dbbb20e49b6a1c789e3698d.jpeg

18F here. What side of the bay? Or are you in a boat? ;) The gradient in these setups is always about 10-15mi to the NW of this area. Once in a while we end up in the goods like December 1-2, 2019.

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Get a serviceable month of December in a strong el Nino, and you take it and run.

I wonder if we're trying to re-strengthen the -PDO or if this is just some noise. Some interesting SST trends though over the past week, particularly within the ENSO domain. Be curious to see how SOI/MEI roll out in a few weeks. 

cdas-sflux_ssta7diff_global_1.png

25 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s several of them including OmegaQ that are living in some type of commune in West Virginia 

Omega brings nothing to the table....just a troll. @snowman19 I like....little biased with his data presentation, but a lot of us are....at least he adds something.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

Does last night constitute as a hard freeze? I think so. Was walking the dog in the yard to use the bathroom around 5:45 AM this morning and the ground was super hard. It was also very peaceful. Starting up at the cloudless sky and seeing stars...haven't done something like that in quite some time. You can just look at the sky and know it's cold. 

was 23 here this AM-definitely a hard freeze.  Rest of the leaves going to go with that and the wind/rain tonight

• Like 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Omega brings nothing to the table....just a troll. @snowman19 I like....little biased with his data presentation, but a lot of us are....at least he adds something.

I agree..nothing wrong with leaning warm or cold (though I think for some it's to avoid disappointment) but I still enjoy it as long as I can learn something.  The funny trolling has a value too...But being a disrespectful douchebag to the people who know their shit is the one I can't stand.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

47 minutes ago, rimetree said:

18F here. What side of the bay? Or are you in a boat? ;) The gradient in these setups is always about 10-15mi to the NW of this area. Once in a while we end up in the goods like December 1-2, 2019.

We're on the opposite side of Portsmouth.  If the winds are right, you can almost see the smoke from the Vatican over this way.  

• Haha 3