Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Yesvember or November?

Go Kart Mozart

1 minute ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

but,but I was told it was going to be a cold Thanksgiving Day....

Guidance pushed the core of the cold to the following week and then lingering into early December whereas about 4-5 days ago, it looked like the core of the cold was Tday weekend with potentially eroding cold late the following week. 

I know your post is more on the troll-y side but just posting this for those who are interested in the evolution of the changes rather than one-liners.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 7
  • Weenie 1

17 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Guidance pushed the core of the cold to the following week and then lingering into early December whereas about 4-5 days ago, it looked like the core of the cold was Tday weekend with potentially eroding cold late the following week. 

I know your post is more on the troll-y side but just posting this for those who are interested in the evolution of the changes rather than one-liners.  

Everything I’ve seen has 42-47 Tgiving 

22 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

but,but I was told it was going to be a cold Thanksgiving Day....

But we were told that the beginning of December was a torch a couple weeks ago too.  Things change, we tried to explain this a couple weeks ago, but we’re told by the same old peeps that that was a defense mechanism.   

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

down to 28 already with DP at18, should be a nice cold one tonight. So, does anyone south of the pike look to start white upcoming, or just cold rain? next week looks a little promising for a couple chances

Sleet wouldn’t surprise me to start where you are. Maybe some brief flakeage. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dryslot said:

I'm going to end up less then 5 miles SE of the good snow, No CAD to be had this go round.

NAM really scours out the cold air at the surface quicker than other models and no CAD to speak of like you mention. I’m tempted to believe it and toss other models for now. Still think my 2-4 imby call is good and would hedge towards lower end atm. Should be a nice sloppy mess, kinda how I like my t-day meal 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Boy, the 18Z Euro really jacks me.  1.42" liquid and almost all is snow.  Even at 18Z on Wednesday the 925mb temp is 0C and 850 is -1C.    I do best with SWFE type systems since the Whites shadow me in strong  nor'easters.  Wish temps were just a bit colder.  Of course this is just one run but more fun to watch this than smoking cirrus while SNE gets a big storm

Of course the NAM is totally different!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Boy, the 18Z Euro really jacks me.  1.42" liquid and almost all is snow.  Even at 18Z on Wednesday the 925mb temp is 0C and 850 is -1C.    I do best with SWFE type systems since the Whites shadow me in strong  nor'easters.  Wish temps were just a bit colder.  Of course this is just one run but more fun to watch this than smoking cirrus while SNE gets a big storm

Of course the NAM is totally different!

So you’re west of the white mountains? 

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

But we were told that the beginning of December was a torch a couple weeks ago too.  Things change, we tried to explain this a couple weeks ago, but we’re told by the same old peeps that that was a defense mechanism.   

Yep that’s weather for ya, any forecast 2 weeks out is going to change multiple times. Hell, even a week is a long time in weather. 

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea. The pac is nothing like last year. It still comes down to results of course but we’re in good shape for at least an avg winter… with the upside for more imo. Not concerned. 

I am extremely cautiously optimistic for a near normal season. The look (and results in current pattern) so far has been ok. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Sat looks pretty cold now, good delivery (esp euro). If the trough doesn't lift out too fast there's a decent shot at sub-freezing highs into interior SNE. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Ahh Ok, thanks for the info.  

Would it be better for him with regard to the shadowing, if he was in that higher terrain to his west? 

I think it wouldn’t be a big difference at the same elevation. Haven’t him sort of tucked in like where he is does him well I think. The real downslope areas are up to his north near Plymouth NH, and over towards the nrn lakes region. They can shadow pretty hard. 

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I am extremely cautiously optimistic for a near normal season. The look (and results in current pattern) so far has been ok. 

When I think of November.  This season has been what I imagine.  Some cold days, a steady seasonable chill, and one true torch out ahead of a trough/cold front.

Today’s vibe was what I think of when I imagine the back half of November up here.  A skiff of cold snow on the ground (dusting-3” depending on elevation), frosty ridges, low sun angle, cold, and snow guns blasting away at the ski areas.

This November has gone about how climate norms would have it.  Hopefully normal carries through the winter.

67F2DA07-D5D2-44DD-8D08-ADE24F515FC7.thumb.jpeg.185c1dcded0f4315b9e4ae0075603e91.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

When I think of November.  This season has been what I imagine.  Some cold days, a steady seasonable chill, and one true torch out ahead of a trough/cold front.

Today’s vibe was what I think of when I imagine the back half of November up here.  A skiff of cold snow on the ground (dusting-3” depending on elevation), frosty ridges, low sun angle, cold, and snow guns blasting away at the ski areas.

This November has gone about how climate norms would have it.  Hopefully normal carries through the winter.

67F2DA07-D5D2-44DD-8D08-ADE24F515FC7.thumb.jpeg.185c1dcded0f4315b9e4ae0075603e91.jpeg

November’s have been ok past few winters, it’s the mid December warmth that’s killed