Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Yesvember or November?

Go Kart Mozart

51 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The synoptic pattern as a whole is garbage, especially near the coast. Even up that way. But it will get some in and up folks on the board.

12z GFS and 12z GGEM both have a couple of chances next week. Seems pattern is more favorable by then.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

The synoptic pattern as a whole is garbage, especially near the coast. Even up that way. But it will get some in and up folks on the board.

HP retreats, Foothills and mountains should remain mainly snow, Places east of there outside of the immediate coast will start out as snow and may mix briefly before the ML furnace and changes them to rain.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

thinking C-1 here .. would be nice to just see some flakes 

Pretty good chance you'll get at least 2-3 hours of steady snow. The question will be if it's heavy enough to produce more than a coating-1" I think....I'd not forecast more than that right now, but there is a small probability it goes moderate or briefly heavy enough to give a couple inches of paste.

Gotta cool that lowest 1000-2000 feet...and that's where the rates become very important. Otherwise you get that 2 SM SN- crap at 34F that is glorified white rain.

54 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

If that low would move south a few miles more of us can get in the game.

Not sure if that will happen..... However, I feel a whole different vibe this year already with the weather pattern and how these systems are evolving. I do think we are in a better position for Wintry weather, at least here in SNE ( then again, we can't really get any worse than we were last year ) lol

I know this is a classic IMBY question but I'm scheduled to have a meeting tomorrow in Peterborough with teens which gets out at 8pm. Most don't live in Peterborough so will be driving outside the relatively warm and flat area. If you were running the meeting, would you cancel because teens + first snow of the year? The work needs to be done but none of it needs to be done this week.

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, monadnocks said:

I know this is a classic IMBY question but I'm scheduled to have a meeting tomorrow in Peterborough with teens which gets out at 8pm. Most don't live in Peterborough so will be driving outside the relatively warm and flat area. If you were running the meeting, would you cancel because teens + first snow of the year? The work needs to be done but none of it needs to be done this week.

Thanks!

I don’t think any precip will have started by 8pm tomorrow. Looks closer to 10pm-midnight timeframe. 

59 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Not sure if that will happen..... However, I feel a whole different vibe this year already with the weather pattern and how these systems are evolving. I do think we are in a better position for Wintry weather, at least here in SNE ( then again, we can't really get any worse than we were last year ) lol

Yea. The pac is nothing like last year. It still comes down to results of course but we’re in good shape for at least an avg winter… with the upside for more imo. Not concerned. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1