Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Yesvember or November?

Go Kart Mozart

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah, BOS has gone a decade without a 1" event in November....and even in the days of yore, it wasn't uncommon to do that either (they went between 1955-1967 without a 1" event in November).

The irony of the '80s too...between 1985-1989, BOS had at least 3" of snow (including a warning snow event in 1987) in 4 out of those 5 Novembers.

Yeah was just thinking about those NJ model low novies of the 80s.  What was that all about.  Maybe it was an ENSO thing..  like, back when ENSO was a real influence  *bahahahaha  that oughta piss some off

32 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I’d much rather below normal November this year vs past years.  We just got our mid October to mid November gas bill.  60% higher therms vs a year ago same period with 4 less days vs a year ago.  If you’re not noticing the difference this November vs past few you’re not really interested in anything but snow.  Snow in this part of the world has been scarce in November as long as I’m alive.   If we happen to get something in the next 2 weeks that’s beyond a minimal amount I think that’s a good sign for the upcoming winter.

This is exactly what I mean…Some of these folks act like even if it’s cold, but we don’t get snow, it’s the same as last year. It’s not. I don’t know why they can’t seem to understand that?   

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

This is exactly what I mean…Some of these folks act like even if it’s cold, but we don’t get snow, it’s the same as last year. It’s not. I don’t know why they can’t seem to understand that?   

Snow is all that matters most on the forum. Sure, there’s some that like just the cold too…but even for most who like cold, they want snow with it.

We can get a torch winter like 2012-13 but you won’t see many here be upset about that winter…and we all know why. 

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, dryslot said:

We almost ready, Just the chains left

IMG_3570.thumb.jpeg.027751cb5c6f15906e17282258e7d0ac.jpeg

I had the same cab on my JD. i got tired of how the snow sticks to the plastic windshield, so I just sold it. it is a great concept, and does keep you warm and mostly dry. But it really sucks when you can't see out the front window.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dryslot said:

We almost ready, Just the chains left

IMG_3570.thumb.jpeg.027751cb5c6f15906e17282258e7d0ac.jpeg

High of 64.4 here today - what a day!  Definitely a tale of two seasons.  Had the same idea as you.  First I got in my final mow, low and tight so any snow, and perhaps even a heavy frost, will start to get the ground covered.  Then took the machines from mow to snow and blow.  We're ready for the season to come regardless of what happens!

image.thumb.jpeg.ba8c5d7b1501e550024ccc7817916ce5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d2c46219f97ea38174764012790b71e0.jpeg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Snow is all that matters most on the forum. Sure, there’s some that like just the cold too…but even for most who like cold, they want snow with it.

We can get a torch winter like 2012-13 but you won’t see many here be upset about that winter…and we all know why. 

Oh I get that completely.  But it’s November was my point to the people saying it’s like last November.  It’s totally different.  Now of course that doesn’t mean a big winter is on tap, but it is not the same song as last year at this time either.  

26 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

I had the same cab on my JD. i got tired of how the snow sticks to the plastic windshield, so I just sold it. it is a great concept, and does keep you warm and mostly dry. But it really sucks when you can't see out the front window.

Didn’t have that issue with it last winter

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Oh I get that completely.  But it’s November was my point to the people saying it’s like last November.  It’s totally different.  Now of course that doesn’t mean a big winter is on tap, but it is not the same song as last year at this time either.  

I don’t think you have to worry about a repeat of last winter there. It was so bad that even a mundane winter will seem great. 

Even up here it was bad though not quite to the extent that your area (or the coast in SE MA) was. 

1 hour ago, SJonesWX said:

Agree... I use a full ski mask and googles... its colder, but it just became too much of a nuisance to see where I was going... lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Maybe, but I don’t know where he is factually wrong.

it looks like we are going to get the proverbial shit sandwich to end the month. Warm and wet to cold and dry.

Now obviously it’s November, so expectations are and should be low, but a below normal month does nothing for me if it doesn’t produce some wintry weather.

I like seeing it below normal in November, but that “shit sandwich” warm and wet to cold and dry is absolutely a concern. I don’t like seeing lows running inland, if we want big snows that needs to change. It’s not going to snow in our backyards either way because it’s November, but often times the November pattern is a sign of things to come. 

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

I don’t think you have to worry about a repeat of last winter there. It was so bad that even a mundane winter will seem great. 

Even up here it was bad though not quite to the extent that your area (or the coast in SE MA) was. 

Oh ya agreed, not worried at all. I feel an average winter is on tap for most in SNE, and that will seem fantastic after last year’s disaster.