Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Yesvember or November?

Go Kart Mozart

50 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

yea. I took my motorcycle into work this morning. Sweet deal.

It's still, any semblance of AN in the atmosphere and it's lift off. Conversely, it takes the stars to align for us to get sig BN.

Hedge accordingly.

you realize this month has been solidly below normal, right? i don’t think any stars have aligned… seems like a normal cold pattern 

Boston is -2.5 MTD and has had four -9 days compared to one +10 day. going to have more sig cold days coming up as well

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

you realize this month has been solidly below normal, right? i don’t think any stars have aligned… seems like a normal cold pattern 

Boston is -2.5 MTD and has had four -9 days compared to one +10 day. going to have more sig cold days coming up as well

As I said…he seems confused.  I guess some things never change. 

12z Euro It’s delayed.

Update - Power has been restored at the ECMWF facility; however, there is still no estimate regarding the dissemination of 12z products. 
Nov 16, 2023 - 13:57 EST
Identified - Due to a major power outage at the ECMWF supercomputing facilities, dissemination of all 12z ECMWF Op and Ensemble products will be delayed today.

We will provide updates as they become available from ECMWF.

Nov 16, 2023 - 10:26 EST

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

A broken clock is right twice a day Brett. 

Maybe, but I don’t know where he is factually wrong.

it looks like we are going to get the proverbial shit sandwich to end the month. Warm and wet to cold and dry.

Now obviously it’s November, so expectations are and should be low, but a below normal month does nothing for me if it doesn’t produce some wintry weather.

• Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Maybe, but I don’t know where he is factually wrong.

it looks like we are going to get the proverbial shit sandwich to end the month. Warm and wet to cold and dry.

Now obviously it’s November, so expectations are and should be low, but a below normal month does nothing for me if it doesn’t produce some wintry weather.

I’d much rather below normal November this year vs past years.  We just got our mid October to mid November gas bill.  60% higher therms vs a year ago same period with 4 less days vs a year ago.  If you’re not noticing the difference this November vs past few you’re not really interested in anything but snow.  Snow in this part of the world has been scarce in November as long as I’m alive.   If we happen to get something in the next 2 weeks that’s beyond a minimal amount I think that’s a good sign for the upcoming winter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I’d much rather below normal November this year vs past years.  We just got our mid October to mid November gas bill.  60% higher therms vs a year ago same period with 4 less days vs a year ago.  If you’re not noticing the difference this November vs past few you’re not really interested in anything but snow.  Snow in this part of the world has been scarce in November as long as I’m alive.   If we happen to get something in the next 2 weeks that’s beyond a minimal amount I think that’s a good sign for the upcoming winter.

It's tough to get snow (especially near coast) even during a BN Novie. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's tough to get snow (especially near coast) even during a BN Novie. 

Yeah, BOS has gone a decade without a 1" event in November....and even in the days of yore, it wasn't uncommon to do that either (they went between 1955-1967 without a 1" event in November).

The irony of the '80s too...between 1985-1989, BOS had at least 3" of snow (including a warning snow event in 1987) in 4 out of those 5 Novembers.

• Like 1