Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Yesvember or November?

Go Kart Mozart

6 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Everyone’s favorite wolf is triggered again. Sad!

Lol..how is that triggered?  I haven’t said a thing about the weeklies for December.  Im not worried about what a model shows that  far ahead…because it’s fruitless.  If it looked great out into the middle of December at this range, it would be fruitless too. 

The fact that you’re bumming and complaining already, for a period that’s 3-6 weeks away, and we have about the same chance of the weeklies being correct at that range , as we do throwing darts at a board blindfolded, and you’re complaining is what is crazy to me.  

You’re in for an average winter…that’s gonna be great for all of us who got crap last year. That’s my call when it’s all said and done. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Not over, just big questions. A dry winter could be a Patriots 3-14 type winter.   Need to watch for that, mentioned a while back (there's evidence for it, but it's pretty loose and less ENSO tied, but w/e) ... it can't be discounted

I'll take a dry winter in a heartbeat. Just want cold.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I wish Draft Kings or something put odds that folks could bet on and settle the cold vs warm back and forth discussions, ha.

These probability maps make me think someone should put odds the anomalies.

E6DE144B-2F31-4296-9827-1F3B9CB8B6D4.thumb.jpeg.007a6f500bd7e0b0298f761e1be05a87.jpeg

I think north of the pike could set the lines. I wouldn't mind wagering a few dollars.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I wish Draft Kings or something put odds that folks could bet on and settle the cold vs warm back and forth discussions, ha.

These probability maps make me think someone should put odds the anomalies.

E6DE144B-2F31-4296-9827-1F3B9CB8B6D4.thumb.jpeg.007a6f500bd7e0b0298f761e1be05a87.jpeg

You can at Vegas bet at Borgota on everything every day weather and futures. I won on the over at Vegas

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You can at Vegas bet at Borgota on everything every day weather and futures. I won on the over at Vegas

I do wonder if opinions or posts on here would change if real money was on the table.  I believe TanBlizz would still be all in on warm/above normal temps… but I would be interested if Wolfie was all in on cooler temps in the long range, once money becomes involved.

Odds would also be interesting.  It’d sort of be putting your money where your mouth is and see how that changes the tone.

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I do wonder if opinions or posts on here would change if real money was on the table.  I believe TanBlizz would still be all in on warm/above normal temps… but I would be interested if Wolfie was all in on cooler temps in the long range, once money becomes involved.

Odds would also be interesting.  It’d sort of be putting your money where your mouth is and see how that changes the tone.

See, this is where you and anybody else who thinks I’m ACATT, is completely wrong on my take. 

I certainly am not all cold all the time. What I don’t like, is when a model shows a warm look 4 plus weeks into the future, and people just accept it…And say well it happened last year, so it’ll most likely happen again this year.  And legitimately whine like babies, and cancel a whole month 3 weeks before said month even arrives lol.  So ya, I push back against that. Not because I have ACATT goggles on, but because it defies logic. 

December may very well end up warmer than average(El Nino).  Or It may not. It may not snow at all in December. Or we may get a nice event or two, maybe even despite being AN in the end. We honestly just don’t know at this juncture.  So I choose not to put all my eggs into the no snow/no cold basket for December on 11/9, based off the Euro weeklies that are notoriously bad past 3 weeks.  But that’s just me. No denial. No BS. Just think it’s too early to know what December will end up like on November 9th. 

And putting a wager on something like that would make zero sense 4-5 weeks out. Again, it would just be a random guess either way you wager at this lead time. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

See, this is where you and anybody else who thinks I’m ACATT, is completely wrong on my take. 

I certainly am not all cold all the time. What I don’t like, is when a model shows a warm look 4 plus weeks into the future, and people just accept it…And say well it happened last year, so it’ll most likely happen again this year.  And legitimately whine like babies, and cancel a whole month 3 weeks before said month even arrives lol.  So ya, I push back against that. Not because I have ACATT goggles on, but because it defies logic. 

December may very well end up warmer than average(El Nino).  Or It may not. It may not snow at all in December. Or we may get a nice event or two, maybe even despite being AN in the end. We honestly just don’t know at this juncture.  So I choose not to put all my eggs into the no snow/no cold basket for December on 11/9, based off the Euro weeklies that are notoriously bad past 3 weeks.  But that’s just me. No denial. No BS. Just think it’s too early to know what December will end up like on November 9th. 

And putting a wager on something like that would make zero sense 4-5 weeks out. Again, it would just be a random guess either way you wager at this lead time. 

And.... To back up what you're saying... I repeat ( doesn't matter how many times anyone said it ).... last year at this same.time.. everyone jumped on the " December to remember " train. And we all know what happened. So yes.... You are 100% right. To say we are going to be any sort of way for sure right now for December is just pure speculation at best. ( and I would love the warm favor to be wrong of course ).

Let's see where we stand on December 1sf for the following two weeks. 

• Thanks 1