Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Yesvember or November?

Go Kart Mozart

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro is intriguing for NNE for the 11/7-8 threat. Even flips SNE to snow after rain first....but that was one of the colder solutions in the past couple model cycles....still think something the following weekend in the 11/10-12 range would be a bit easier to get frozen out of (and clown range Euro does look interesting at the end of its run for that)

I was just thinking, I would have liked to see euro days 11 and 12, just for entertainment value.

2 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

I was just thinking, I would have liked to see euro days 11 and 12, just for entertainment value.

EPS does have the synoptic signal for something setting up too...you can see the shortwave diving into the OH Valley while there's a 50/50 low and a Rockies ridge...pretty textbook actually. Just gotta get it closer than D10 and hopefully enough cold given it's early November :lol:.

Oct31_EPS240.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah anything that says TAN and PYM average the same amount of snow is not correct. PYM is prob a solid 6" less.

I'd put Taunton in the 42-45ish range long term. They've been more than that recently, but the last 25 years is not the normal no matter how much we all want it to be.

Yeah where I am almost in easton, if you had to peg my exact backyard, I’d say 45-46, so that pretty much tracks 

EPS does have the synoptic signal for something setting up too...you can see the shortwave diving into the OH Valley while there's a 50/50 low and a Rockies ridge...pretty textbook actually. Just gotta get it closer than D10 and hopefully enough cold given it's early November :lol:.

Oct31_EPS240.png

Yeah that trough amplitude was in the 00z mean, too.  I mentioned this morning that the ens means were (all 3) apparently emerging but I haven't had a chance to take in the 12z. I did see the operational GFS (ew) and got pissed.  Lol

4 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah that trough amplitude was in the 00z mean, too.  I mentioned this morning that the ens means were (all 3) apparently emerging but I haven't had a chance to take in the 12z. I did see the operational GFS (ew) and got pissed.  Lol

Unrelated but see your infamous light year speed jet stream is engaged tonight. Europe bound flights over the N. Atlantic doing ~750mph ground speed.

7F452B1B-C3F1-4E43-B912-1767CB4A9A0E.jpeg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

Unrelated but see your infamous light year speed jet stream is engaged tonight. Europe bound flights over the N. Atlantic doing ~750mph ground speed.

7F452B1B-C3F1-4E43-B912-1767CB4A9A0E.jpeg

7 mph under the speed of sound…?  Almost 200 mph faster than it would normally fly,  sounds almost a little exaggerated?  And how does the distance go down by almost half? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

7 mph under the speed of sound…?  Almost 200 mph faster than it would normally fly,  sounds almost a little exaggerated?  And how does the distance go down by almost half? 

That is actually faster than the speed of sound at that altitude. Its more like 600 MPH up there.We’ve had non supersonic flights get from US to UK in 5 hrs riding a 200 MPH jet.  It does happen.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1