• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
wdrag

October ended at  60.5[+2.6].

The first 8 days of November are averaging  52degs.(46/58) or near Normal.

Reached 54 here at 1pm yesterday.

Today:  47-50, wind nw.-breezy, decreasing clouds, 37 tomorrow AM.

44*(65%RH) here at 7am, drizzle.    44* at 9am.    Reached 49* at 3pm.     42* at 9pm.

1 hour ago, lee59 said:

Could be some record low high temperatures today in parts of our area.

Islip may have the best chance.

Islip Area, NY
Period of record: 1963-09-05 through 2023-10-31DateLowest maximum temperatures (degrees F)

11/1 48 in 2010 48 in 1992 48 in 1976

7 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Great, LI sees first flakes before I do up here. I might've missed it just before sunrise when the temp bottomed at 33° though. 

Maybe around Smithtown in the heavier echos there are flakes mixed in but where I am which is one of the favored spots on LI and higher elevation, haven’t seen any snow/sleet. If you were at 33 you probably did have flakes. 

• Thanks 1

Tomorrow I'll publish the CoCoRaHs snowfall... so far I've seen spotty traces ne PA, nothing NNJ & nothing se NYS but have seen 0.4 Catskills, and then Berkshires-Litchfield Hills widespread T-0.9" as of the report time.  I suspect a few high terrain locations bordering NYS will have 1"+.  The mixed w LI r/s was brief and inconsequential and seemed isolated (not counting for NYC first snow unless somehow CP has it).

Anyway, minor late evening rain NYC subforum started Monmouth County I think around 7P. All winding down now NYC longitude westward. 

So again, imo,  the EC early on was not as good as the GFS showing mostly a miss for NYC but within 48 hours was reasonable.  

• Like 2