Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Think back to when snows are delayed or pattern changes are pushed back. More often than not it continues to back off .

That’s silly.   Look at the pattern at d10 which is silly to begin with but verbatim it’s a significant cold shot on the way.  EPS says trick or treat in winter coats.

3 hours ago, forkyfork said:

before anyone posts 2m temps look at how under mixed this sounding is in the low levels

image.thumb.png.a644de7dec41558e291ac5f2675370da.png

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Definitely 70s

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

GFS has a little inversion there at 925. There will probably be some low to mid 70s mid to late week, but I’ll take the under on 80s. 

Will be 80 here

1 hour ago, DavisStraight said:

The funniest one was when he was talking while he looked like the last picture and two guys in shorts casually walked by behind him talking on the cell phones.

He took a lot of gruff for that and well deserved. That is whats in the top photo, but he was more dramatic in the video.  

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bwt3650 said:

Where exactly is the cold shot backing off?

f141523442adbbf2609951ee4912fbd3.jpg
cec1c30d54560cd7c5f8c26ad1d3467f.jpg
a2cccd190ac3657c5aa9536ec4ddc58e.jpg
ac9de215a2acc0a133075d674775e810.jpg

It’s not all about looking at pretty colors. Look at the trajectory and how the jet has  changed . Noones saying a cool shot isn’t coming. It’s just slowly changing and backing down to the core to our west .Which typically happens now 

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s not all about looking at pretty colors. Look at the trajectory and how the jet has  changed . Noones saying a cool shot isn’t coming. It’s just slowly changing and backing down to the core to our west .Which typically happens now 

Those 3 runs look similar tbh.  I don’t understand what you’re trying to say-well I do but the 3 runs shown don’t support your point.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Those 3 runs look similar tbh.  I don’t understand what you’re trying to say-well I do but the 3 runs shown don’t support your point.

I think he's doing this So he doesn't get disappointed when we don't see the cold shot. I think we've all been burned enough times where the models show one thing 10 days out and another 5 days out. But it seems pretty evident to me that this cold shot is coming. He's just a bit gun shy I guess

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Ehh...same result; I put up 5 day averages, so the first week of November is BN anyway you read it.  We knew the epo dump would be plains first.  I'm busting balls more than anything, and don't pretend to know anywhere near as much as the veteran posters and mets, but you were full on sub tropical troll 5 days ago "It’s a furnaced look most of Nov . Hideous"  wearing shorts and having diarrhea while mowing on Christmas, or something like that..  The start of Nov is 100 percent not a repeat of October.  It's right where we want it.  The rest of the month is tbd.

• Like 1