Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

14 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

So are we saying that potentially Philippe’s moisture gets involved with this system for Saturday? 

It looks like that’s more Maine verbatim, but as others have said the weekend is looking more dynamic. Good start to hybrid season. 

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

It won’t be worse than last year here…we can only go up in SNE.  So in that regard it’ll be better for us. 

Things can always be worse :lol: 

• Like 1

It's 85 and dry-ish...  I don't think we had a temperature this warm and a DP this low, together, since May...

Doesn't seem so, anyway.

And that's what sucks. 80 to 85 with DP of 58 is like utopian.   85/74 with roads that can't even dry in the shade because of all that atmospheric loaded water ... and high temp no less, may as well have pig's testicles draped around one's neck.

So this happens at the very tail end - not to be a debbie but that kind of blows.  sorry it does. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

received_904510767862194.png

2 possibilities...

1 it stays weak and exposed and coughing up a CB once in awhile.  This may allow it to get farther west and sneak under the steering level.  Then, the trough amplifying suddenly from the northwest attempts a Sandy gobble in. But it would probably by more a rain thump and wind on the E side of NE Maine.  Too specific, though

2 it still responds to steering and starts moving more N.  In this version ...it doesn't get west of 70 W - not without a wholesale change in the deep layer tropospheric vectors.

20 minutes ago, Connecticut Appleman said:

We get more heavy rain on Saturday, I'm going to need to chain the cap on the well head as it has been pouring water out since last weekend.  Never had that happen before.

My stone chimney has been leaking this year, and that's after putting two coats of masonry waterproof on it, was going to put a third coat Saturday but doesn't look like that's happening.

33 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I said that last year, and the year before, I've been wrong, it's been 4 years so you would think law of averages would be on our side.

For the south coast it will be hard to do worse . Pike N we could do worse . Not betting on it but those who saw less than 15” last year can hopefully beat that lol. There is just so much variance in SNE away from high elevations in Berks .. 

28 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

For the south coast it will be hard to do worse . Pike N we could do worse . Not betting on it but those who saw less than 15” last year can hopefully beat that lol. There is just so much variance in SNE away from high elevations in Berks .. 

yes, I will do better here than last year(12”), I will bet the house on that. I could beat that in one storm pretty easily.  So I’m confident in that we will do better here. Northern points of Worcester county, Sure they can do worse than last year(cuz they had a pretty decent year last year), but not here. 

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It looks like that’s more Maine verbatim, but as others have said the weekend is looking more dynamic. Good start to hybrid season. 

Things can always be worse :lol: 

No way…I’m staunchly saying that we will do better than last years 12” here.  No doubt in my mind.