Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake Me Up When September Ends..Obs/Diso

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I travelled across NH today and staying in Portland tonight and tomorrow. Day trip to Bangor tomorrow. Talking to many customers and locals. They all cannot believe how green everything still is and what is changing is mainly brown. Spin it like you want .. I am here and seeing it . Season is ugly 

How can you say it’s ugly when it hasn’t happened?  I’m confused.

I don’t think there’s any spin except it seems early to cancel the foliage season.  We are usually October 10-20 for peak up here so we’ll see.

• Like 3

CoastalWx, you guys have been getting a LOT of rain this year. Imagine what that will mean late this fall when you get snow. You guys are going to be climbing out of fifth story windows to go outside. That supercharged southern jet in an El Nino year means business not just for the Mid Atlantic, but for everyone all up and down the coast! I forget which year it was, 2014-15 I think, when you thought you got snow. This winter will be like no other, all up and down the Eastern Seaboard. Don't forget those very high sea surface temps! Storms will hit the Benchmark and explode! You guys will get buzzsawed and whipsawed by commahead defo's, until you will believe you live on a West Coast ski resort like Alta!

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

58 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

How can you say it’s ugly when it hasn’t happened?  I’m confused.

I don’t think there’s any spin except it seems early to cancel the foliage season.  We are usually October 10-20 for peak up here so we’ll see.

Looks pretty normal here. Lots of change but still muted. The September misery mist can now end though