joxey
Wake Me Up When September Ends..Obs/Diso

40/70 Benchmark

30 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:
Definitely some weird leaf drop here

29 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:
Same. Even with the Oaks too.

27 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:
Been dealing with it all summer. Mostly Poplar Birch  no oaks lots of acorns pelting now.

26 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:
Zero leaf drop until last week. Acorns are pelting though.

Decent amount of acorns this year but a bumper crop of hickory nuts.  All the Shagbarks in the woods behind the house are dropping giant hickory nuts.
The Tulip trees have been very slowly dropping bright orange leaves for a couple of weeks now, but that's pretty normal for them. 
I did notice that our big Schwedler Maple has dropped a whole bunch of brown dried up leaves in the past few days.  It never really gets bright colors in the fall but it seems pretty early to be dropping lots of leaves.
In other news, still warm and more humid than any day this week today.  85/77 currently IMBY.   I see KSNC is 84/79.  Sticky out there.
afa1df7090ff1105b2126f322db2dda2.jpg

Wow! Amazing storm. Lost power for a bit. Big tree fell in backyard, lucky that it was not in direction of the house! I will have to assess damages after storm has passed. I have to say this is the best storm in a very long time. The wind was close to the derecho we had a few years back, that's when we lost two other big trees. 

• Thanks 1